*Official* Fujitsu T732 / T734 / T725 / T726 thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Starlight5, Nov 9, 2016.

1. qrezz

qrezz Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you for the response, I wonder how well one of the 47 watt quad-cores would fare on the T734 (if there would be thermal problems for example).

2. Starlight5

Starlight5 I'm a cat. What else is there to say, really?

@qrezz no one tried it, yet. It came with 4702MQ from the factory in some configurations, and 4712MQ is tried & tested - but those are 35W. I definitely wouldn't put anything past 4700MQ/4710MQ there - and even then some undervolting may be required to keep it cool without throttling.

3. Dan25man

Dan25man Pen Pal - Newbie

I have finally finished my "How to" guide for replacing the CPU in the T734. Link here: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Fujitsu+Lifebook+T734+CPU+Replacement/86980

And thank you @Starlight5 for putting this Ultimate thread together. Next going to try the eGPU. I was unaware until seeing this ultimate thread.

Too bad intel decided to get rid of socket-capable mobile cpus... maybe Ryzen will have some mainstream mobile sockets. But alas I'll probably just have to tinker around replacing old haswell laptops forever.

kvoram and Starlight5 like this.
  4. Starlight5

@Dan25man thank you very much for this wonderful guide! I adjusted the first post accordingly.

5. Jit

Jit Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello! Where find this cable? And broken key Enter([​IMG]

6. Starlight5

@Jit there are a few working T732's on eBay for less than $100 - get one and replace the ribbon, and either the key itself or the keyboard-palmrest assembly altogether.