office 365

Discussion in 'Software' started by MindSteps, May 13, 2013.

1. MindSteps

MindSteps Pen Pal - Newbie

I was interested in folks weighing in on Office 365. I have a family (myself, wife, and children) of six potential users of office (mostly word, excel, and outlook), along with a small business that includes another 5 contractors. I have not provided Office to my contractors in the past and over the years have accumulated a number of MS Office programs of various vintages (e.g. 2003, 2007, 2010) through my work to spread across all the family computers. Office 365 is basically a yearly subscription service and I was considering either purchasing Office 365 for home, $99.99/year (available for up to 5 computers) or Office 365 for small business, $150.00/yr (available for up to 25 users).

Has anyone checked this out? Sampled 365 in a trial version? Have strong opinions regarding purchasing the subscription versus the traditional 1 license into perpetuity?

2. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

I use Office365 for my Consulting Company, but we use a full E1 License so we get Exchange, SharePoint and SkyDrive Pro. I really like it as I don't need to maintain a Small Business Environment.

3. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

dellaster likes this.
  4. Steve S

5. Steve S

6. jhoff80

jhoff80 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I saw that as well, but that's sort of crazy to me (in a good way of course). I mean, that basically means that if you used all Surfaces, you could have ten full copies of Office. I can understand five full copies and five 'tablet' (feature limited, like the iPad) copies, but yeah, surprised by that with the Surface Pro which runs full Office.

7. Steve S

8. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

Good to know as I did it the same way. I just replaced my S3 and had to re-download Office(2016 would have made it the second time this week I installed office again).

Is style settings in Word removed, because I don't see it anymore. All I see is just grammar and I don't see the option for checking for spacing and for where the comma should be in regards to parenthesis.

9. Steve S

I'm not sure if it was released today or not, but there seems to be a really big update to Office 2016. My SP3 has been downloading for a long time (>15 minutes), and there's no indication as to how much it still has to go...

10. Steve S