OEM fingerprint prevention glossy, matte feel LCD protection film for EP121

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by nnthemperor, Apr 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kimbosliced

kimbosliced Pen Pal - Newbie

Ha I agree. But I put it on how he described and worked great.

2. Grimspoon

Grimspoon Scribbler - Standard Member

Just got my SGP screen in the mail today (finally), and after much struggling and obsessive compulsive nitpicking I finally got the screen protector installed the way I like. Here's some shots of the Ep121 with the SGP Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint / Anti-Glare installed:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Note that these photos were taken with the EP121 sitting directly underneath my 42" LCD monitor with a white background on the screen. That's the shine you're seeing in the first image. Not bad!

Also note the dust, that's ON the screen not under it. :D :D :D

3. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

how abbout under the sun?

4. TheOnlyKingArthur

TheOnlyKingArthur Scribbler - Standard Member

Nice pictures Grimspoon!

Still atrocious outdoors CF77. Better, but not great.

5. Grimspoon

Still haven't used mine outside yet, and the sun is starting to set so not really an optimal time right now to test.

If it's sunny tomorrow I'll see if I can snap a few more pics that accurately show direct sun performance.

6. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Anti glare reduces readability under the sun. For my, if it`s a choice between the one I installed(see OP link) and the Sgp film, I`ll always go for the former.

7. Grimspoon

I'll have to find out for myself tomorrow.

As it stands, the only device i have that maintains readability outdoors is my Kindle Gen III.

If the Ep121 doesn't look good outside, that's just the nature of LCD's as far as I've ever experienced it.

8. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

True. Even with the screen uncovered, don`t expect much under direct sunlight. Although it says AFfS+, still the digitizer layer has its effects on the screen`s clarity. The anti glare only further reduces it`s clarity.

9. TheOnlyKingArthur

TheOnlyKingArthur Scribbler - Standard Member

I always felt it was the reflection of light off the glossy screen, (whether diffused by an anti-glare coating or not), was more of a problem than the clarity. I can see what's onscreen clearly, but it's just not bright enough when competing with the light outdoors.

10. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yea, you guys have pretty much the same screen as my Hydis AFFS+ screen in my 2730p; and it is 'usable' outdoors (in the fact that you can pretty easily see what is on the screen, as long as there isn't too much light on it), but it really does well when you are in the shade where all the colors and contrast can be seen quite well

Of course the 2730p is matte and the EP121 is glossy, but that only brings reflections to the EP121 -but that will detract from out door usability more than anything (I do have a screen protector on my 2730p and it does detract from the standard matte finish's outdoor usability, and it does take away slightly from the screen clarity; but the added protection it offers outweighs that for now as it actually has saved my screen more than once)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.