OEM fingerprint prevention glossy, matte feel LCD protection film for EP121

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by nnthemperor, Apr 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheOnlyKingArthur

TheOnlyKingArthur Scribbler - Standard Member

I ordered the Anti-Glare version. It has a great texture for drawing and my hand slides smoothly across it. Very good at repelling fingerprints. I almost never clean the screen anymore. It does have a slight haze to it, which you can see in the close up picture of the text, but I prefer that over the nasty reflections and fingerprints from before. Installation was easy. The hardest part was cleaning the slate and keeping the dust away while putting it on. It's not super sticky, so it's easy to reposition when you are starting to set it down. It comes with screen cleaning supplies. Here are some images of the fit. I got it pretty close to a perfect fit, there is a 1mm gap on the top edge, but the other three sides are flush with the edge of the glass.

Attached Files:

2. Grimspoon

Grimspoon Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks for posting those pics!!!

Hopefully mine (from SGP) shows up tomorrow. I can't stand having to wait over the weekend!

3. dbrn

dbrn Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes, thanks for all the info, TOKA! I haven't made up my mind yet, but I am pretty sick of fingerprints...

4. TheOnlyKingArthur

TheOnlyKingArthur Scribbler - Standard Member

No problem guys. It makes for a really nice touch and drawing surface. It has a similar feel/texture to my Wacom drawing tablet. You could always test out a matte screen for your phone to see if you like it before springing for this large one.

5. kimbosliced

kimbosliced Pen Pal - Newbie

Hmm..so Toka, on the current link there seems to be to models..the sq and af, which do you recommend? And which did you purchase?

6. kimbosliced

Found the answer. Sold out on the hone store but amazon has 4 AGs left.

7. kurt_hectic

kurt_hectic Scribbler - Standard Member

8. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Dude that greatly reduces readability outside(& I`m not even refering to the sun) you`d be better off with the ones recommended in the thread. They are custom cut(at least the one I bought,-see OP),fingerprint proof,makes for very great screen view experience while not being as reflective as the original screen. Trust me, I took off one antiglare.

9. kimbosliced

I have to second this post. I ordered mine on Amazon last week. Got in today. Man, this is great. I will admit it is a little bit more "blurry" than without but not anymore than I think you notice with the same screen on an Ipad/Iphone. There is a good review of this type of screen on youtube on the iPad to see the difference between the sq version and the anti-glare one. No glare/no fingerprints well worth it this slight blur.

Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLUUqQHn68I

10. wicked1

wicked1 Scribbler - Standard Member

Man, that guy with the video took 10 min to do what should take about 30 seconds!

(the ag protector looks good, though)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.