Odd Pen Issue

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by heatlesssun, Mar 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mengela

mengela Pen Pal - Newbie

I am a fresh factory tm2, one of the first things i tried when i got my new tablet, and it was instantly dead spot, will try your fix

2. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Reinstalling the drivers does work. I'm just not yet sure if its just a matter of reinstalling them until the issue gets fixed or if I really did discover a pattern. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

I also wonder if installing software has something to do with it as I don't know why a perfectly working driver would develop such an odd defect.

But at least we know this isn't a hardware issue and since it's at least eventually resolved by reinstalling drivers it has to be something that's driver related even if it isn't a bug in the driver itself, maybe there's a flaw in the install package that allows the driver to become corrupt. I can't say I know of any such related bug in anything I use but I'm just guesting anyway.

As I said hopefully it's just a simple fix with the driver installer.

3. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Can you make a screenshot of the exact location?
    Can you precise which portrait orientation, battery on the right or left?
    Does it happen on the other portrait orientation?

4. heatlesssun

[​IMG]

5. mengela

mengela Pen Pal - Newbie

BINGO!! thats the spot and only in portrait mode... on my last tablet it was at that spot with BOTH portrait modes, meaning 1 way the spot is near battery and the other mode it is near webcame... in other words the dead spot migrates to the same position regardless of the portrait mode

thats kinda confusing so: the dead spot is in the middle left as pictured no matter which portrait mode your in... it stays on the left side

6. mengela

mengela Pen Pal - Newbie

I just developed a theory.... PERHAPS it is the touchpad that is affecting the touchscreen?

doh just remembered that the spot goes to the battery side in the other portrait mode, cant be the touchpad

7. JoeKe

JoeKe Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, I just had the same problem. I spent hours of recalibrating and reinstalling and then...

THE SOLUTION :D

I tried to kill every single running Task in Task Mangager and found the guilty one!!!
    It's the damn HP Wireless Assistant, you know this tool that says "Bluetooth on" and "WLAN on" when WLAN is turned on. It seems as if it minimzies onto this little spot on the left. You can also see this when you click on the spot because then it opens a drop-down menu which says things like "Close", "Maximize" and so on...
    After banning the programm from autostart (--> msconfig) OneNote went just fine :)

HP, what a shame!!!

Hope it works for you, too!

Btw, the spot occured also in first portrait mode for me...

8. gessner17

gessner17 Pen Pal - Newbie

I uninstalled that stupid program the first day i got it and never had this issue, i think you are spot on!

9. heatlesssun

Thanks JoeKe!

I'll keep an eye out for that. I use the Wireless Assistant because it controls the broadband wireless radio and I don't know of another tool that controls that radio.

10. gessner17

gessner17 Pen Pal - Newbie

Windows can control the WIFI adapter just fine. and there is a BT Icon in the task bar if you need to change that, you can also do the BT through device manager.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.