Observations and wondering if any tablet maker is addressing them...

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by Alchemist, Aug 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alchemist

Alchemist Scribbler - Standard Member

I find myself in the market for a new tablet and I noticed a few things...

I want to get a windows tablet but it seems the only maker out there that realizes 4x3 and 3x2 aspect ratios work SO much better than 16x9 in a tablet seems to be Microsoft with the surface / surface pro. Although samsung seems to have realized this on the Android side of things with their new offerings.

Then I just noticed something odd/funny... back with the surface 1/2 were out and the original Yoga from lenovo was out I went back and forth looking at them and liked the yoga but didn't like the idea of keys moving on the back while I was using it as a tablet... now the surface 3 and surface 3 pro have a good aspect ratio but they no longer offer a cover without moving keys on it. What if I just want a tablet with a cover. Such a missed market there.

2. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

A keyless cover is a long-standing complaint in the user community. It is surprising that not one maker has caught up to that.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

3. Groundhog

Groundhog Pen Pal - Newbie

One manufacturer there is I know of.

Fujitsu Stylistic Q584 both the waterproof (4 GB, but only 32.bit Win8) and the Black edition have an aspect ratio nearly as the surface 3 and Fujitsu sells a flip-cover without Keyboard for them. It states the cover fits only the Waterproof but that is because they didn't change the description when the black edition was launched.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.