NZ R1F finally arrives

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Barry J. Doyle, Nov 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elandra

elandra Pen Pal - Newbie

It was a long six weeks of waiting, made all the harder as New Zealand is just a jump across the Tasman from Australia and they have had stock for a month.
    I have a Core 2 Duo T5600, 1.8 GHz, 100 GB HDD, did the upgrade to 2 gigs Ram.
    Lucky me...no static from the head phones (at least not in one afternoon of playing with the computer)
    I have had a problem with the TPM fingerprint reader. It is giving me some kind of internal error message.
    I had a look in the stylus/pen silo (with a fiber optic otoscope)and can see the design of the silo doesn't have much in the way of cushioning etc. I tried to capture a photo but no luck with that. I have used the slot without scratches but can see that when I am hurried it may indeed happen. No biggie for me.
    Solid build, everything else gliding with no wobbles.
    My first tablet experience and I am very pleased. Thanks to the forums for all the great product info and experiences.
    Will post more after a little more play time.

2. MilestonePC.com

MilestonePC.com Scribbler - Standard Member

Welcome to the forums, and being apart of it, and Congratulations to you and getting the ASUS R1F.

For your Fingerprint reader, have a look at the settings, and maybe you'll have to reinstall the program, keep trying.

Let us know what you will be doing to prevent scratches on your pen. :D

Enjoy your R1F!

3. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Right on. I hope you really enjoy your first tablet. Have fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.