.nte file extension

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by sixthspeed, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sixthspeed

sixthspeed Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry if this question has been answered before, but I couldn't find a solution in these forums or on google. When I sync my eee note, and export a note from the eee note to my computer, it saves it as a .nte file. Does anyone how to open these? Or is there a way to export the notes as a different format?

2. osowiecki

osowiecki Scribbler - Standard Member

You can unzip it using 7zip.
    Inside you will find bunch of "gifs" + xml file describing the order of pages (i guess).

3. Jamie-B

Jamie-B Scribbler - Standard Member

4. TheTwo

TheTwo Scribbler - Standard Member

Hello sixthspeed,

other possibilities to export the Notes from the EeeNote are:

- Evernote: There is an option to upload a notebook to the web service Evernote, when you are at the overview of your notebook and use the edit icon at the right side.

- Single pages can be saved to the SD card, when you use the option in the note app behind the three dots in the toolbar.

- When you like to have the notebooks as PDFs you can use the "Free PDF Annotation Merger"
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/asus-eee-line/40926-free-pdf-annotation-merger-eee-note.html

TheTwo

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. sixthspeed

sixthspeed Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the replies everyone. I don't have an SD card yet, but I have one coming. Can the entire note be saved to the sd card at once, or can I only save a page at a time?

6. Jamie-B

Jamie-B Scribbler - Standard Member

You can only export one page at a time, using the button in the Note application (it's madness). I believe it does, however, store each .gif individually somewhere in your filesystem (I'd have to double-check, but I think this was the case and I think I've done this), so you can just manually locate them using Qtfm and copy them to your SD card yourself/send them over SSH/telnet. TheTwo's program is a very efficient way of doing it with just a USB cable, though, and I would recommend that above all.

7. pbarrette

pbarrette Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi sixthspeed,

A while back, I also wrote a program to do the reverse. It converts your existing image files (GIF, BMP, JPG, PNG) into [.nte] files so you can import them into your EeeNote.
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/218843-post98.html

I wrote the program to help convert my existing handwritten paper notes into something I could use on the EeeNote.

pb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.