Notebook Pro 9 Help

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by TheGoodEnchilada, Nov 5, 2017.

1. TheGoodEnchilada

TheGoodEnchilada Pen Pal - Newbie

So, after months of research of what laptop i should buy for my wants and necessities, with the help of this website i chose the Notebook 9 Pro. I have one problem that i cannot find a solution to myself.

Pen pressure sensitivity doesn't work on programs like Paint Tool Sai, or Drawpile, but works perfectly on programs like sticky notes or Autodesk Sketchbook. I've tried looking for the driver, windows ink settings, pen settings and downloading a Wacom feel driver (that honestly might've been the wrong one.)

How can I fix this problem? Would buying the Staedtler digitizer or another compatible pen solve my problem? Please help!

2. Shizaru

Shizaru Scribbler - Standard Member

Have you tried installing the Wintab driver? You can use the Surface Pro 4 Wintab driver which should be available here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49498

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  3. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I just tried SAI.

I get pressure. -I already have installed the same Wintab driver Shizaru linked to above. I'm pretty sure SAI was written around Wintab.

-Though, I was using one of the beta "SAI 2" versions because I couldn't find the old stable version I bought forever ago. -Trying to generate canvases over 2000 x 2000 crashed the system and were super-laggy when zoomed out. Small web graphics sized canvases of 512 x 512 worked fine though.

It's very old software designed for different machine architecture. It worked great for me back on a 32 bit system under WinXP.

I strongly recommend ClipStudioPaint. -After dropping a thousand+ dollars on a cutting edge computer, it's a good idea to spend an extra $50 on the cutting edge graphics software designed to work on it. It's totally worth it. But that's just my two cents. :)

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
    Shizaru likes this.
  4. TheGoodEnchilada

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2017
  5. Shizaru

Shizaru Scribbler - Standard Member

You want the Wintab_x64_xxxx.zip where xxxx = version number, it's at the end of the list.

6. TheGoodEnchilada

Thank you so much! It works like a charm!!

thatcomicsguy likes this.