Note Pro 12.2 SideSync 3.0 not working at all. In fact hardly anything works. help.

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by stoneseeker, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Wi-Fi only. So I guess Exynos.
    However, you need to remember mine was bought in Europe and Samsung does release slightly different versions in different markets, don't know why but they do.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

2. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

I sort of want to know if mine is just plain outta wack or normal and I push it harder than most. Do you ever check temps, play games or draw for half hour+ with it? My temps on this thing consistently get fairly hot and things slow down when I draw or paint for too long. But the typing thing seems excessive and strange. Typing on my new Note Edge is silky smooth, except when I turn on power saver mode. Then it starts to lag while typing in chrome the same way my note pro does, which makes me think that typing with the samsung keyboard is just plain hard on the CPU and shows as soon as a CPU is below 2.0 ghz or something. I regularily clear ram and close apps. Mist people I see have a billion apps on at once on their phones, but I have like 1 or 2 open at a time always just because I cant stand the lag and I am trying constantly to fight it.

In general the notepro just seems unstable. Very easily crashes in any app that pushes it a bit, lags when typing, lags when opening or switching apps... Only time it seems to do well is during very specific games it seems to hold its ground well, perhaps if the app tells the system to use the more powerful CPU rather than the weak one.

Have you ever had apps randomly crash on you?

I will say that my battery life on the tablet is AMAZING. It outlasts my new Note Edge by a long long shot.

3. Kumabjorn

Not really, but you should know that since I got my Toshiba Encore Write 2 10" that is my go to tablet, especially for OneNote. I do know it is a tad silly but it is mostly because I want to use the desktop version together with Word.

The longest I have drawn on the Note 10 is probably around 30 minutes, using the Android Photoshop app. Right now it is mostly a glorified e-Reader and only when the Note 8 suddenly goes from 67% battery to 31 % in like 30 seconds.

I am thinking that perhaps you use yours so much that the battery is starting to deplete and at times have problems broducing enough juice for some of those apps? Have you used a battery checker app to see what it says?

4. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

But the battery life is superb... making me think if anything is going on it might have a hard time sustaining using the more powerful of the 2 CPU's. Which would mean decreased performance and increased battery life if it was perma-stuck o the low power CPU. I could try running CPU-Z and see if it can tell me when which of the quad cores are being used. My battery seems great though.
    Also, I didn't realize you had a NOte 10. I think the performance on that one is much better, considering it has quite a few less pixels to push on the performance side, but otherwise has the same power under the hood.

5. Kumabjorn

Yes, Note 3, 8, and original 10.
    Did anyone say geek?

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

6. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

I've had the Note 1, 2, (skipped the 3), Note 4, Note 8, Note 10 (2010), Note 10.1 (2014). Kinda salivated for a Pro, but then snapped out of it thinking that for social consumption 10" is the most I want to use. I'm kinda debating if I should try that new iPad...

Stoneseeker has a strange problem tho. Lagging when typing! Have never had that on any of my Notes. Where are you entering text?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Kumabjorn

Is the lag when typing to a web text box or even in local apps? Because I've never encountered that problem.

I have the original as well, bricked it installing Cyanogen, have to install stock some day with Odin.

Balbutio ergo sum