Note Pro 12.2 SideSync 3.0 not working at all. In fact hardly anything works. help.

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by stoneseeker, Feb 3, 2015.

1. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Hey just downloaded that app on my desktop and android. Would you recommend using the browser method for transferring files first and foremost? Which method is more secure? After downloading the app itself, I have some concerns...
    http://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-12085/Airdroid.html

Would you trust transferring personal documents and sensitive information (bank statements or work documents for shows with signed NDA) over this app? Or is there a better way? I'm not used to the cloud and all that, and the sheer volume of permissions it asks for access to is crazy scary.

2. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

I only use the browser when both devices are in the same network (chrome on PC with AirDroid activated on phone). That way you connect via a port within the network and there is no connection to the outside world as you can do it whether the network has Internet or not.

I know the app supports connection without a common network but I don't use it that way. If I'm in that situation I use Dropbox or OneDrive. Or this flash drive (mini on one end for the phone and regular size on the other end for PC):
    [​IMG]

Swiped from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

3. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hey, Stone.

How's that GNP working now that a few months have passed?

I was just playing with one in Staples today, and I had my Wacom Toshiba stylus on me, and I was pleased to see that it worked on the screen.

I also got to gabbing with a sales clerk who was excited about these things and downloaded a free version of Sketchbook onto the display model and let me tool around in it.

The pen coil in my Toshiba pen was a few mm up higher than that of the Samsung toothpick, so there was this weird offset where the cursor was hidden by the pen and made drawing difficult. Is that fixable? Does Samsung sell a not-a-toothpick stylus?

And are you able to turn off the finger-touch feature and just go with stylus input? I found the palm rejection wasn't selective enough and I kept activating stuff I didn't intend. Maybe it just takes practice.

The thing keeping me away from this little device was the fact that the OS is so incredibly opaque in that Apple "user friendly" way. ("No,no,no, Sir, we're not going to provide you with options or -gasp- multiple logical pathways to questionable objectives, because our directive is to provide a simple non-upsetting user experience, and that can only happen if you, the user, only wants to do simple, non-upsetting things; (where DID you get that filthy stylus from?) You don't NEED options so long as you only think in the board-sanctioned manner and don't have any non-regulation ideas about what a computer ought to be able to do.")

Also, reading through some of the issues you've been fighting with has put me off. It seems the computer can't even do the things it's supposed to be able to do!

But shoot. What a fun device in the shop in terms of just sketching around!

4. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

There is a post here dealing pen options for Wacom EMR devices. Mainly the Samsung Galaxy Note series.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

5. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

@thatcomicsguy

The tablet does not have an universal pen only mode at the OS level. However, for your purposes the popular painting apps like SBP, Painter, etc have Pen Mode that can be activated. When you were fiddling with the display unit, did SB ask you if you wanted pen only interface? I've heard there are ways to disable touch completely, but you'd need to be rooted for that. Back in the day when I had the ThinkPad Tablet 1, which was android with N-Trig, I remember they pushed an update that allowed you to use Pen Only mode. But I remember that many people started complaining, because once you disabled touch, you needed the pen to enable it back, and many of them said, "What happens if I disable touch and I loose the pen?" So, Lenovo reconsidered and removed the feature in later updates.

The pen offset may not had been caused by you pen. The Note series contained a good degree of Samsung brewed tech in the digitizer layer so other pens behave funny on it. The Note series pens (toothpicks) all work good with each other, but using other pens give you horrible offsets unless you place the pen exactly perpendicular (90 degree) to the screen, which nobody does. There is a Bamboo series pen supposedly made for the Note tablets. My hunch is that it is just a simple Feel IT Bamboo pen but being marketed differently to push sales. If I'm correct then that pen will be no different to the old pen you used on the display unit. However, if I recall correctly my Carbon Feel IT pen worked pretty good on the Note 10.1, so chances are you can use one of those satisfactorily. It still had a slight offset, but nothing close to the other older EMR pens I owned. It's own pen and the pen from my Note phone worked flawlessly on it tho

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. stoneseeker

It's still the same deal for me... sort of fun to sketch on, play games, browse the internet, read forums, etc. All on the couch easier then the t902.

However beyond that its exactly as yuo described. Dumbed down software, limited usecase, and often broken experience with compromises galore.
    It's laggy as hell just doing basic tasks. Typing this post lags excessivley making me type slower. Opening apps stutters, flipping pages feels sluggish. Its only fast-ish when the system decides it shoild use the more powerful CPU, so basically only during mobile games and some art apps. If you got one to embrace for its fun factor, save yourself some frustration and get the snapdragon version from the states. This exynos cpu is absolute rubbish in this thing. Its supposed to be a powerful device, at least in theory, but in practical use every phone you pick up will feel 90x faster and more responsive. The lag while typing is the most offensive.

7. Kumabjorn

That seems so strange to me, mine is snappy and there is no lag when I type. Are you using Swype? Have you tried installing Power Clean and getting rid of RAM hugging apps? In the meantime start RAM Manager and stop some apps you don't need on the backburner.

Balbutio ergo sum

8. stoneseeker

Yes, i have "Clean Master" "one tap boost" I use almost obsessively, and clean out ram on the regular. I dont think its the way i use it. I am using stock Samsung keyboard, but with swipe enabled. Does having swype enabled slow down normal typing?

Also does your notepro use the exynos version or snapdragon? That will make all the difference in the world.

Soemone else posted about this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-pro-12/help/lag-typing-t2865340

9. Kumabjorn

I don't know. Cpu X reports a quad core maxing out at 2 Ghz. SMDK4x 12 whatever that means. GPU is by ARM.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

10. stoneseeker

Is yours the LTE, or wifi only? LTE uses the snapdragon, wifi uses the Exynos.