Note organizing and uploading

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by wubak, Aug 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wubak

wubak Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all,

Just checking to see if either of these things are possible on the EA800. If not, they should be!

1 - Is there any way to group multiple notes into a notebook? For example, I take a new note (20 pages) every day in class, and I'd like to keep them all together. The tagging function does this somewhat, but I find it lacking.

2 - Is there any way to "upload" an entire note to an inserted sd card? When I click upload, it just sends the current page to the card. Seems like there would be a way to batch export.

Thanks for any insight!

2. Ramses800

Ramses800 Template Trickster

You can use the function Merge in the EA800 to, you guessed it, merge two notes together.
    Click the Note Action icon to (the right of the title in the manager section) to see it and other actions available.

Attached Files:

3. TheTwo

TheTwo Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi Ramses800,

copy a notebook to the sd card is not possible, but maybe it is suitable to you to export the notebook as PDF to a Windows PC. Therefore, you could take a look at the "Free PDF Annotation Merger".

Another possiblity is to upload the Notebook to Evernote.

TheTwo

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. sarah11918

sarah11918 Pen Pal - Newbie

I discovered that I can upload a note to Google docs, and it results in a .zip file (a bunch of separate images, but still, at least they are "batched").

So if you merge the notes first, then upload to Google Docs (using the Lightweight browser), you can at least get a zipped collection of all the images. Not ideal, but maybe it helps you think of something better to try. :)

5. wubak

wubak Pen Pal - Newbie

I'll definitely try the Free PDF Annotation Merger. Thanks for the suggestion.

I think my original post might have been unclear. What I'm really looking for is a directory structure for grouping notebooks:

For example, if I have three multi-page notes from Math class:

Monday Class - 20 pages
    Wednesday Class - 15 pages
    Friday Class - 21 pages

After a semester, my list of notes will be very large and unwieldy.

I would like to combine all of these into one notebook (folder of notes) for the class, just called "Math Class".

I realize that I can merge all the notes, but then I will lose the individual file names (Monday, Wednesday, Friday...etc) and I'll have no way to quickly jump between lectures, because the note will be hundreds of pages long.

I suppose the tags can help, but they annoyingly require you to retype the full tag name every time, instead of being able to pick from a list of previously used tags.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

6. Ramses800

Not a technical solution but may I suggest a small change in how you write the notes?
    If you start each lecture with a cover/chapter note containing only date/subject and then use the Thumbnail view to browse through it. The Thumbnail view shows only a zoomed version of actual content of the page making fairly easy to see where a new chapter begins.

Also, writing date/subject on every note is of course useful(thats what I do - and thats why I made my own like this one).

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. wubak

wubak Pen Pal - Newbie

Do you find that this method works for long notes (100 or more pages?)

It seems like it would get frustrating wading through all the thumbnails to find the right date.

8. Ramses800

Well, it is not optimal of course but it works for me. My longest notes are like 50+ pages so far(I only have had the EA800 for two months) but a combination off thumbnail and page scrolling does the job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.