Note 5 - no love?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by Kumabjorn, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Can I assume that the total lack of postings after Samsung's unpack event is because everybody else is as underwhelmed as I am?

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 4

2. NamelessPlayer

NamelessPlayer Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Not only did it not tell us anything that wasn't already leaked beforehand, it basically confirmed that Samsung has completely lost touch with their customer base.

I'll not only be sticking with the Note 4, but recommend that everyone just buy last year's model instead of the Note 5. Cheaper AND more functional! Maybe then, Samsung will get the hint that we don't want our removable batteries, microSD slots, IR blasters, MHL output, etc. taken away.

3. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I was seriously hoping Samsung would release either an updated Note tablet or offer an S-pen version of the new tab S2. I would buy a tab S2 in a heartbeat if they offered one with Wacom. The 4:3 would be fantastic.

Alas, they don't even care about digitizer tablets anymore either. The Tab A is crap with it's terrible display.

4. Nailkoas

Nailkoas Pen Pal - Newbie

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  5. Kumabjorn

Not for those of us that insist on a stylus in a silo.

I do not unerstand why they will move away from swapable battery. It is as if they have been infiltrated with engineers from the North.

siddhartth, Starlight5 and Mesosphere like this.
  6. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

It's very hard to argue with your reasoning. I'll go huck my GN4 out a window now.

Bronsky and stoneseeker like this.
  7. edaniels

edaniels Scribbler - Standard Member

I have the Note 3.... and will updating to the Note 5.

More than anything. .its because im due a free upgrade..

The lack of a removable battery does not bother me. I used the standard battery and sometimes I used the zerolemon "brick" battery when traveling. zerolemon will have battery case for this model as they did for the s6.... so im not worried. if it fast charges perhaps thats enough for me on regular days.

regarding the sim card..... not a dealbreaker...annoying. . but again.... I like to upload all my pics and videos on my onedrive acct...keeping phone memory clear. I stream music fron soundcloud...so I really dont need that much space......

im just alittle disappointed that phone only has 16 megapixels... thought it would be maybe 20.....

since I have a windows tablet..... the reality is the s-pen I rarely use...though having/writing onenote on my cell is nice. I think I want to keep the same size so s6 is not an option.. s6 edge plus looks nice... but having the galaxy note phones for the past 4 years. ... im too nervous to switch to penless phone.....hahaha.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

8. Kumabjorn

I'm a little surprised far tree Note didn't come in an Edge edition this time. Maybe the Note 4 Edge didn't sell well? I looked at it once and must say I liked that feature, but alas my plan runs for a few more months.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

9. Tams

Tams Scribbler - Standard Member

It seems to please some people, but I'm not touching it. I did only get the Note Edge less than a year ago, but an improved device might have tempted me. In no way do I see the Note 5 as an improvement. People complained about build quality, but the Note 4 (and Edge) were made from high quality plastic (not Nokia grade polycarbonate, but that's the best of the best there). From owning a Sony Z1, I'll stay away from glass and metal construction as much as possible.

One thing I don't understand about people and the Note series: There seem to be a lot of people who buy them, but never/rarely use the pen. They then complain about the pen, and often suggest that the next model doesn't need one (or that they wouldn't care if it didn't). While this is fine for them, they completely miss the point that for a lot of people the pen is important, and for some the main selling point. There are plenty of devices out there without pens, even from the same company.

NamelessPlayer likes this.
  10. Kumabjorn

I love the pen but I will freely admit that I'm probably not the most frequent user of it, but when I do use it I really need it. One usage is obviously OneNote and S-Note but it is actually as a dictionary tool that it is most useful for me. If I encounter a kanji (Chinese character) that I'm not sure how to read or what its core meaning is, there is no faster way to look it up than to just write it by hand in any of my dictionary apps.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.