Norton vs Webroot Antivirus/Anti-Spyware?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by PCgirl, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Art

Art Scribbler - Standard Member

Has that borked your boot times by any chance?

Since I updated to the latest AVG my machine hangs for a few seconds once it hits the desktop. For some reason an AVG process called AVGSRX.exe hogs 100% of the CPU power. I've tried disabling a few bits and had no success. If I can't get it fixed I'm going to jump ship to a different program.

2. Jpwinks

Jpwinks Pen Pal - Newbie

Now I have Road Runner which comes with software known as CA Internet Security Suite 2007. Has anyone had experience with that particular software? It looks like sumthing I am looking for but I am not sure if its going to be any better than norton... Thoughts?

Edit
    Otherwise I will probably invest in Norton 360 because I keep hearing great reviews about it and its all in one protection.

3. PCgirl

PCgirl Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, I did the Vista bloat removal and tweak guide thingy, so my boot and shutdown times have improved significantly since I got the notebook. I did notice that now it does "hang" for a couple of seconds while booting, but it's really no biggie. I usually keep it on sleep mode anyway since I use the notebook at different times during throughout the day so the boot time isn't a big deal for me.

4. atom

atom Pen Pro - Atomic Member

The correct answer is ESET Security Center.