Noob Lenovo Question

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by GateGuardian, Nov 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flash_Addict

Flash_Addict Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello everyone :) after careful consideration i am getting myself a Lenovo tablet pc. There is however one thing i am concerned about. Is the Lenovo x60/61 a touch screen or a wacom digitizer? or both? i really need a digitizer in my tablet and i am not sure where the lenovo stands with this.

2. dabidos

dabidos Pen Pal - Newbie

Lenovo uses Wacom for their digitizers. The multitouch screen is a Wacom Penabled DualTouch, according to my drivers.

3. student

student Scribbler - Standard Member

I emplore you! Spend an hour or two to look through the forum posts here regarding the X61T's poor build quality (bezel seperation) and negligent customer services.

You may then wish to compare the X61T's nearest competitor the Fujitsu T4220, and see what people have to say about that machine and customer services.

Then you may wish to compare an X60T competitor like the HP tc4400 and see that people have to say about that machine and customer services.

Look at forum posts rather than reviews as many issues that become apparent over time aren't picked up in very short term professional reviews.

4. Flash_Addict

Oh i assure you i have looked around the forums here for a few months in fact. The only problem i have with HP, Fujitsu and even lenovo is that i live in Australia. Unfortunately for us despite the fact that our dollar is almost the same as the USD we pay a few thousand more then you do for these tablets. the Fujitsu t4220 is $3000, and the HP tc4400 $4000. I have found a lenovo reseller who will go as low as $2500 which is remarkable for a tablet down here considering a Toshiba m400 with 1.6ghz costs about that same.

it all comes down to money unfortunately and because of this i am not left with many options.

5. student

Have you tried looking on Ebay? A lot of these machines come with international warrantees... you might have to put up with a US keyboard though.

6. Flash_Addict

Well the thing is im purchasing the laptop though my job, i have whats known as salary sacrifice. Basically instead of paying tax im allowed to spend the tax money on well almost whatever i want. The only catch is the item has to be new and purchased here in Australia. so i cant buy a comp from overseas or on e-bay.

7. student

I see... you need to stock up on the painkillers.... and pray you get one of the good ones...

8. Flash_Addict

lol are they really that bad? i have looked on this site before and i havn't seen any bad misbehaving lenovos...

9. student

Lenovo's are extremely naughty. A lot of them have bad glue habits. Especially the ones with SXGA+ screens. Watch out for them.

10. tgrimley

tgrimley Scribbler - Standard Member

No, they're not that bad. I have one with sxga+ and i do have the bezel issue but it's not really that bad.