No Sound from TF810

Discussion in 'Asus' started by stout5, Feb 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stout5

stout5 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys,
    I installed the new drivers this afternoon. A pain, but it seemed to work. So I took a break from the Tab until a couple hours ago.
    Just noticed the sound does not work.
    Not muted, volume lever works, video players and music apps not muted, and drivers "working properly" according to device manager. No sound from headphones.

drivers:
    Intel SST Audio Device (WDM) 6.2.9200.27899
    Realtek I25 Audio Codec 6.2.9200.52

I ran the troubleshooter which found no issues.

Am I missing something? I'll try hard reset. Should I rollback the drivers?

2. stout5

stout5 Pen Pal - Newbie

Rolled back the Intel driver to .22017 and the sound works. I kept the Realtek at .52
    Hopefully this thing stays stable.

3. AegixNova

AegixNova Pen Pal - Newbie

The default drivers had this problem too. Consider using HP's or Samsung's chipset drivers, then install ASUS's LiveUpdate over it if you have any more issues.
    I'd have thought ASUS's update itself would have resolved this common issue.

EDIT: Did you restart since installing the new drivers?

4. nightworking

nightworking Pen Pal - Newbie

Pherhaps you connected a secondary screen via micro HDMI, as I did. Windows uses the HDMI as standard audio device. You can change this in the system control panel. It took some time until I discovered this. The symptoms were the same as in your case.

5. stout5

stout5 Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok, I'll try the Samsung one's I found in the old thread. I did restart after the update(I manually installed it). Also I did a hard reset before rolling back the driver.
    I hoped this crap would've been cleared up too.

I haven't connected a second screen or anything to the hdmi. I went through the control panel and device manager, and didn't find any thing that might cause a conflict. The only playback device it shows are the speakers.

6. Tomdelonge

Tomdelonge Pen Pal - Newbie

Im having an issue with the sound on my Asus ME400 Smart Tab. The audio is fine until I connect the headphone jack when I experience no sound at all. Could someone please point me in the right direction for the 6.2.9200.22017 Intel Audio Driver?