No pen in slate mode

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 7' started by craigt, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigt

craigt Pen Pal - Newbie

I've tried it both with rotation and without. It happens whether or not I set it to auto-rotate.

It's just the Beta. I've spent quite a bit of time getting things where I like them, but I went into it knowing I'd have to wipe it eventually. I'd rather wait on the RC, though.

2. craigt

craigt Pen Pal - Newbie

Update: I just posted this in the thread about pressure sensitivity.

I just had issues with my X61. Here's what worked for me:
    Go to Device Manager and uninstall both HID-compliant-mouse entries
    Run the Wacom Tablet PC installer
    Reboot

I just tested in Paint.NET and it worked.

I'm still not sure about losing the pen in slate mode, but at least I have my tablet functionality back.

3. craigt

craigt Pen Pal - Newbie

This is odd. I wiped my new harddrive of the Windows 7 Beta and installed Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty 32-bit. Everything works well except for the loss of the pen in slate mode! It seemed to be like a hardware issue so I went back to my original HDD with factory-installed Vista, and so far there have been no problems. I'm in the middle of a rescue and recovery just to start fresh. If the tablet continues to work well under Vista then I'll just stay with that.

I would, however, like to move that installation to my new, larger internal HDD. I'll have to figure that one out, I suppose.

4. bwcurtis1967

bwcurtis1967 Pen Pal - Newbie

Just wondering if you ever got your pen to work in slate mode. I'm having the same problem. Thanks.

5. craigt

craigt Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry about that. I thought I'd posted an update, and I should have.

It turns out it was actually a hardware issue. I took it to a warranty center and I believe they replaced the ribbon between the screen/digitizer and the body of the laptop. It was covered under warranty, so I'm not sure how much it would have been otherwise. It's worked great since.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.