No need for goofy upside down action: A proper 17.3" 2 in 1 with Active Pen from Dell!

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by Shogmaster, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I'd much rather have two 22" 1080p screens than one 24" 4K one TBH. Much more useful for my work flow since I need to work with lots of support information and reference images. Sure, that single 4K screen has double the pixels, but problem comes down to screen real estate for drawing. I want most of that space for drawing and I don't want to cram in reference images and information inside it.

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  2. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Why 2 when you could have 3...:rolleyes:
    20180324_173659-2048x1323.jpg

3. Fluffyfurball

Fluffyfurball Scribbler - Standard Member

The higher resolution screens make a difference for reading pdfs and stuff like that. Text clarity really takes a hit dropping from a 4k monitor to a 1080P monitor.

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  4. Fluffyfurball

Fluffyfurball Scribbler - Standard Member

Is that a stegosaurus? That artwork reminds me of a book on dinosaurs I treasured as a child. Lovely work, Azzart.

5. Shogmaster

Triple monitors? Welcome to my 2003 my friend... Frankly, that didn't last. 2 is perfect. 3 is bit too crazy for me...

TripleMon2003.jpg

6. Shogmaster

So just came back from Best Buy and confirmed that the Dell is NOT Penabled. They even say that on the little printed info card. Too bad...

Another interesting thing I found out, but not about this Dell: The Samsung Spin 7 13.3" 2 in 1 is Penabled, but NOT using EMR. So you are probably thinking "OK, so it's using AES, right? I mean Samsung owns like 5% of Wacom after all..." NOPE! It's MPP! XD

YVerloc likes this.
  7. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hmmmph, my "second monitor" is a Vario LED Lightpad with adjustable lighting. It even has a DIY clip on perspex screen with holes drilled in for a pegbar when I want or need to produce some animation work. (Not that I class myself as a Disney type animator - mine is for motion graphics type work.)

8. Melvin Woodhouse

Melvin Woodhouse Pen Pal - Newbie

I just can't understand how Dell would offer a 17-inch 2 in 1 and not have an active stylus for it! Let me get this straight - you have an active pen for 13 and 15-inch models but for the laptop that gives you the most screen area to draw, etc., they did not figure in an active pen. I was elated when I saw my new Dell catalog and it listed an active pen that was compatible with ALL 2 in 1s but after I ordered it and checked online my system, unfortunately, was not listed. So I called to cancel my order and they gave me an alternative active pen (PN338M) with the assurance it would work with my 17" 2 in 1 but, of course, that proved not to be true so it was sent back. At this point I'm resolved to the fact my finger will be the only "active pen" I can use with this laptop :) I'm OK as I have a 12" iPad Pro with the new Apple Pen - which is fantastic - and a Lenovo 15" Laptop/tablet which has a decent active pen but if anyone out there ever cracks this particular not please let me know!