No more touch screen

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Bruce Maguire, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Bruce Maguire

Bruce Maguire Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello,

Last Christmas I purchased a WIN10 Tablet through Amazon, It was sold under the brand name Haier, the appliance maker. It has been a decent machine for the price until recently. I had to re-install WIN10 and now there is no touch screen response. The driver did not re-install with the OS install and I can't find it anywhere.
    Haier does not offer any tech help. Does anyone know anything that will help re-load the driver?

2. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Does anyone know anything that will help re-load the driver?..>>

Unfortunately, this is one of the reasons why back-ups are an important thing to take seriously. If Haier does not have a web page for their drivers, (or won't provide customer service), then I don't know what else to recommend. Maybe find another owner and see if they can provide a driver? Alternatively, if you can determine who provided the touch screen component for your tablet, maybe try installing their generic driver...?

Good luck...

3. Bruce Maguire

Bruce Maguire Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks much for your response. Since its doubtful that Haier actually built it, I was hoping to eventually identify whose mobo it is and try, as you say to get the driver from them, even as a generic.

4. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Rather than reinstall Windows 10, did you try doing a PC Reset? Theoretically that would install generic touchscreen device drivers.

5. Steve S

<<...Rather than reinstall Windows 10, did you try doing a PC Reset?..>>

...He said that he had already re-installed Windows, so I assume that is no longer an option...?

6. Steve S

<<... I was hoping to eventually identify whose mobo it is...>>

...You can try drilling down in Device Manager, but in the past I've only had limited success in identifying parts and sources. I don't think you want the Mother Board manufacturer, I think you want to identify the screen manufacturer or look at the HID's. Failing all of that, you would have nothing to lose by installing a generic touch driver, perhaps Synaptics (?), or even a Microsoft driver.

Again, good luck.