No More Tocuhscreen

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by leaftye, Mar 23, 2009.

?

What shall HP to do?

1. make the tablet cheaper - ditch the passive touch

20.5%
  2. capacitative multitouch + active pen from wacom

63.4%
  3. capacitative multitouch + active pen from ntrig

5.4%
  4. Keep the passive digitizer it currently has

10.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

I don't think having both digitizers is very useful, but it certainly does help attract the unwashed masses towards buying a new tabletpc.

2. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

I find that to be not so true IMO RE:usefulness. There are lots of times where i just want to touch something instead of having to pull out my stylus (like when i am surfing the internet).

RE: Attracting the masses, i can't agree more. I see way to many people say "ZOMG you can use your finger!" and then buy the tablet just for the novelty. Thank god when the novelty wears off, they at least have a real tablet that will be useful scholastically/ artistically later.

3. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

I'll admit that sometimes it'd be intuitive to touch the screen. I often want to scroll pages by touching the screen. It's just as easy to use the tablet buttons though, and those things draw less juice from the batteries. In a perfect world I'd love it all. Literal all day (24 hour) battery life, full processor power, bright screen under direct midday sunlight, no gap between the top layer of the screen and the actual pixels, rugged, no discernible heat, etc. Unfortunately compromises to get something that can actually be built, and then more compromises have to be made to make it affordable IF it could be built. Someday. Someday. Someday we'll get it all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.