No More Tocuhscreen

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by leaftye, Mar 23, 2009.

?

What shall HP to do?

1. make the tablet cheaper - ditch the passive touch

20.5%
  2. capacitative multitouch + active pen from wacom

63.4%
  3. capacitative multitouch + active pen from ntrig

5.4%
  4. Keep the passive digitizer it currently has

10.7%
  1. wasker

wasker Pen Pal - Newbie

I voted for getting the multitouch, though it's not really an option 'till Windows 7 is in development. :) Meanwhile I'm enjoying things I have in my tx2000.

2. dwolf123

dwolf123 Pen Pal - Newbie

thats hp and any other company (Sony,Acer,GQ,etc) just trying to make some profit from our hard earned money, I rather buy a tx2500 for around the same price

3. ziger

ziger Pen Pal - Newbie

I personally really enjoy the touchscreen, I find that I use it often!

4. Jpwinks

Jpwinks Pen Pal - Newbie

intel processor with dedicated 256 GPU! LMAO! directx10 compatiblity. I want to see more gaming people!

5. atom

atom Pen Pro - Atomic Member

Option #1 is the current answer. Multi touch is useless, lets talk about it when Windows 7 is out and more programs actually use it natively. HP is notorious for never releasing drivers, so if they released it now it would never get updated anyways.

Not to mention that adding multi touch would increase the price at least by %10. Multi touch isn't cheap.

6. eko2

eko2 Scribbler - Standard Member

...ok so, 10% is $80... Id pay that for multitouch (which somethings can utilize without windows 7), not to mention it would solve a lot of other problems perhaps more worth it to you... Better Colors, better horizontal AND vertical viewing angles, brighter screen, no grain etc.

7. DennisTT

DennisTT Pen Pal - Newbie

8. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

I'd like to see HP ditch the multitouch for now, and get prices as close to $500 as possible. If they get it down to $500 with an active digitizer, I think it'll finally get students to really start purchasing tablets. Right now we really need tablets to become more popular to push down prices across the board, and to get manufacturers to develop the things we really want in their higher line of tablets.

As much as people here love the tx2500 series, it's still a budget tablet. As a budget tablet it should hold the line on prices to draw in buyers that are on the fence about buying a tablet. Any fancy features that push the price much above $500 should be an option. I say make the passive digitizer a $100 option, and a video card another $100 option. Both options put the tx2500 back at current prices with the $500 coupon.

9. kanehi

kanehi Scribbler - Standard Member

What's the use of a tabletpc if you don't have touch screen? Once it's in tablet form, the keyboard is inaccessible. How would you go abouts doing your work.. or play? Taking handheld notes is faster than typing and not to mention drawing on the screen. I bought my son the tx1000 for college a year ago and just got the tx2500 for myself. The passive screen on the tx1000 took a while to tweak to function properly.. thicker ink pen stroke size did the trick.

10. Modnar

Modnar Pen Pal - Newbie

I voted as is because its one of the few thats is fine. (or remove it if I could vote twice :p )

And getting multi touch would just drive up the price and we need to keep it same or lower as in order to get better tablets we need tablets to be more mainstream.