No More Tocuhscreen

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by leaftye, Mar 23, 2009.

?

What shall HP to do?

1. make the tablet cheaper - ditch the passive touch

20.5%
  2. capacitative multitouch + active pen from wacom

63.4%
  3. capacitative multitouch + active pen from ntrig

5.4%
  4. Keep the passive digitizer it currently has

10.7%
  1. st1tcount

st1tcount -Classified Information-

I picked the first option because that would make the screen better more than even price (its pretty cheap to begin with so I don't mind price not being reduced)

2. eko2

eko2 Scribbler - Standard Member

realistically this point is probably negligible but, its the principle. you have to figure that every additional component uses power. yeah sure you can disable it, I dont know if that necessarily stops its power draw though. sometimes when you disable things they still have power flowing (e.g. USB devices one some mobos)

3. dwolf123

dwolf123 Pen Pal - Newbie

hey i can't afford no $700 just to get it fixed i rather sum up money make things harder and take a TX2000 digitizer and install it into my TX1320

4. st1tcount

It costs 700 to fix the cracked screen you got? Thats a bit crazy considering they were selling the base config for 899.99 a while back and a while before that Office Max or Depot was offering a preconfigured one for like 650 or something...

5. eko2

I would buy a new one... hp screws you if you dont have a warranty. but so does Dell and all the others. They make it cost so much that you just buy another, boosts their sales and stock value.

6. gordoncahill

gordoncahill Scribbler - Standard Member

love my touch screen. love it. love it. love it. I've got three other tablets and I'm constantly jabbing the screens and wondering why nothings happened. That's how much I've got used to it.

Gordon

7. eko2

p.s. I voted wacom+capacitative

8. zeromeus

zeromeus Pen Pal - Newbie

I'd like to see the touch screen part removed altogether to improve screen quality in both durability and visual.

With the digitizer, who needs the passive touch screen? I hope there's a way to disable the passive touch so I don't accidently do something I don't mean to do when touching the screen.

9. be77solo

be77solo Scribbler - Standard Member

i like both, course I'm used to my phone with a touch screen so I'm used to touching and sliding.... comes in handy, and just being able to tap something in front of you is nice in my opinion.... plus, makes sliding the scroll bar with a fingertip easy!

But, better screen quality sure wouldn't hurt, but I'd rather have the touch than not

10. st1tcount

I guess so but thats just dumb...do they think you will pay $700 for getting it fixed when you can BUY A NEW ONE for a little more (or in the $650 deal a little less). Bad business model but fools people who live under a rock...