No More T4215

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Smoothcrm7, Jul 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smoothcrm7

Smoothcrm7 Pen Pal - Newbie

I noticed this early this morning before I left for work that the fujitsu site has no T4215 on it anymore. This doesnt really affet me considering I'm giong to be ordering my T4220 on saturday/sunday. Do you think this increases the chance the T4220 will get the SXGA screen back again?

2. airgaps

airgaps Scribbler - Standard Member

Lets hope so... any one knows if there is a difference between the Fujitsu XGA and SXGA+ in terms of viewing angles?

3. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

If the T4220 is the same as the T4210 as it was over a year ago, chances are very slim (can you say: deja vu?). The T4220, like the T4210, does have the SXGA+ screen option; but only available for large orders from corporations and large businesses only, not for consumers, also with a 3 month wait time as well to build those systems. This is the case because Fujitsu is most likely building up stock of their SXGA+ screens to enable release of their next subsequent release of their LifeBook T4200 series a week to build and then ship.
    Things will look up when the T4225 (or the model released after the T4220), if it is the same as the T4215 almost a year ago, is released and will come with either XGA or SXGA+ display options. If Fujitsu were to follow the same release as they did last year, the T4225 should be released sometime late October, early November. Notice that the T4210 was released sometime June 7th, 2006; the T4220 was released on June 1st, 2007; the T4215 was released November 1st, 2006.

4. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The XGA has a viewing angle of 170° whilst the SXGA is 45° & 50°.
    Quite a difference as you can see.

5. kureshii

kureshii Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

And here's to hoping it supports DDR2 800 when it is =)

6. Leon

Leon Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, I just received the T4215 with SXGA and also own a T4020 with XGA. Can't really tell the difference in terms of viewing angle... If I can make a little time tomorrow I could try to post some pics if anyone is interested...

Leon

7. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

That would be brilliant Leon thanks.

8. airgaps

airgaps Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey Leon!! The pictures for the two screens comparison are highly appreciated ! Please !!

9. Leon

Leon Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok, then here we go. I'll have to do it as an attachment because I don't know how to get the picture to show in the post directly :rolleyes: .

The tablet in the front of the photo is the T4215 with SXGA+. The back one is the T4020D with XGA. I shot it from a steep but realistic angle if you want to show stuff to other people (120-130 degree viewing angle). I assure you however that at 170 degrees the screens are really equally vague but visible).

Anyway, I have no idea whether the SXGA+ screens have evolved over time, but the viewing angle of my T4215 with SXGA+ and my T4020D with XGA is is definitely very similar if not the same. Maybe I am just lucky, but I am extremely happy with the new SXGA+ screen and would recommend it to anyone.

Leon

Attached Files:

10. MichaelH99

MichaelH99 Pen Pal - Newbie

what brightness level were the laptops set to?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.