No HP on CES

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Juke, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Juke

Juke Pen Pal - Newbie

Today CES ends, and with it, our hopes on HP for unveiling the next iteration of the tm2. I really had high expectations of HP on this CES, but the didn't even showed up at all!

2. SDreamer

SDreamer Scribbler - Standard Member

Was hoping for at least a Sandybridge refresh on the tm2. Looks like the dv5 and dv6 didn't even get a "refresh" yet, HP is just offering Quad editions of them, kinda lame.

3. CJP

CJP Scribbler - Standard Member

The 1+ billion buy-out for Palm is going to cost us all in the end. The TM2, the Slate 500. HP forgets who has been there first for them. It seems that all was great, then the buyout. Afterwards HP seems to have only concentrated on Palm WebOS, and left the real working people (Windows) out in the dust.
    Just sayin' ...

4. Meridicus

Meridicus Pen Pal - Newbie

Oh well, their loss.

I'm thinking seriously about getting an Asus Eee Slate 121. Much better screen angles than the TM2 by all accounts, only setback being a shorter battery life.

Will wait and see how the reviews look before jumping ship though.

5. koao

koao tm2's great.

I believe it wasn't a good move to not show up in CES with a refresh of the TM2.

With all the other manufacturers going tablet crazy so far, the demand for the Slate 500 will eventually drop and due to other similar tablets that are more powerful in the next coming few months.

I believe HP should at least refresh the tm2 with a sandy bridge, or Slate 500 with Oak Trail - that would increase the demand of both.

6. AfroFire

AfroFire Pen Pal - Newbie

7. Tams

Tams Scribbler - Standard Member

I agree WebOS probably has most of HP's attention, afterall Palm cost, even by their terms, quite a lot.

At the moment, only the Fujitsu T901 looks set to surplant the TM2, though certainly not in terms of price! The EeePc 121 isn't really the same as the TM2, though I could see some converts.

Therefore, at the moment, the TM2 is still safe for HP in the convertible with discrete graphics niche, if only by price alone (though, this is a pretty huge factor). The truth is that convertibles with discrete graphics really is niche market and we can only hope that there will be competition. =(

8. Liberty

Liberty Scribbler - Standard Member

The EP121 will probably get a second battery extension soon enough. I really do use TM2 on the road in the car and out and about and I certainly appreciate the battery life. I could use a little more CPU power.

9. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

10. GiOakJoe

GiOakJoe Pen Pal - Newbie