NFC Chip: NXP NearFieldProximity Provider - Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by DanielKornev, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielKornev

DanielKornev Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello, I've bought a brand new Samsung Ativ Smart PC Pro X700T1C-A02RU model (with 128GB), and SW Update claims it has both GPS and NFC. GPS sensor installed correctly - Broadcom Location Sensor, but NFC driver - no luck, system says "Code 31" - Windows cannot load drivers for this device.

Did anybody encounter same issues? How did you resolve them?

2. KBJ911

KBJ911 Pen Pal - Newbie

same here

any solution ????

3. motionfan

motionfan Pen Pal - Newbie

Interesting - > 100 views and no solution. Where is a good class action attorney when you need one . . .

4. derelicte

derelicte Pen Pal - Newbie

Same problem here. I have XE700T1C-H01SE and NFC driver fails to load with error code 31 in Windows 8.1 Device manager.

Also, I believe my model doesn't have the GPS chip, but Samsung's SW update keeps reminding me every day that I need to install the GPS driver. The installation always fails with error code -10.

Agreed, Samsung should be sued.

5. Ihwan Budiawan

Ihwan Budiawan Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the same problem
    where is the samsung administrator?

6. motowiz

motowiz Pen Pal - Newbie

Same problema here Samsung Ativ Smart PC Pro X700T1C-G01PT. When will Samsung fix this???

7. wildpig1234

wildpig1234 Scribbler - Standard Member

There is supposedly a Broadcom gnss location sensor so you should install the driver for it from Samsung. but getting it to work or being able to use it is a complete different story. I 've never gotten it to work so that you can use it in a car yet.

also have problem with installing nxp nfc driver. did a clean 8.1 install and when I install the nxp driver it went fine but reboot and it shows up in device manager as code 31.

8. wildpig1234

wildpig1234 Scribbler - Standard Member

just notice now that theres no option to turn on or off NFC in settings like win 8 after upgrading to 8.1...

9. motowiz

motowiz Pen Pal - Newbie

I've the same problem with the NFC, let's see how Samsung will deal with it.

Concerning the GPS it has gnss location and it needs to be converted to normal GPS coodinates, try Centralfuse Localizer software,. I've bought it and now my GPS works great with Google Earth and Microsoft autoroute... Google for it.

10. davey

davey Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the toggle to turn NFC on and off in 8.1, but I did not do a clean install, I updated everything via windows update and samsung SW Update before seeing the option to update to 8.1 for free in the store. I have also verified NFC works by using my galaxy S3 to send a contact to my 700T