Nextbook Flexx 10.1, how to downgrade win10 to win7

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by interestingfellow, Aug 27, 2016.

1. interestingfellow

interestingfellow Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all! Thanks for the forums, I have been lurking for quite some time. let me get right to it.

How do I put win7 on a Nextbook Flexx? I have
    a win7 cd copied over to a usb drive (but do not have the disk)
    a key for that version of win7 (I'm not pirating anything, here).
    an OTG adapter

When I go settings>advanced startup> and reboot/try to boot from the usb stick, it only gives me "windows boot" or "windows boot manager". UEFI secure boot is disabled, as well as anything else that looks like it might prevent booting/installation from usb. There is no csm options to change.
    Do I need to do something to the USB stick?

I have a Nextbook Flexx 10.1 with win10, uefi, and I hate it. The whole dern reason I have this setup is so I can use Streets and Trips for navigation. Win10 has a "licensing" issue with S&T and MS "is currently repairing the tool to fix the issue" which translates into, it's broke and we ain't fixin it.
    The reason this is an issue is because the update that is causing the error has slipstreamed into the restore image to factory reset the tablet so even a hard factory restore maintins the issue. I can not longer use the legitimate software I have paid for, that is an integral part of my business.

I am not interested in other solutions, I will return this tablet if I can't get it to do what I need. It's just the right size, quality, and cost that I would hate to have to find a different tablet. Thanks.

2. interestingfellow

interestingfellow Pen Pal - Newbie

I contacted support, did some googling, and tried various methods and iso's to boot from USB or SD.
    Nothing worked.

I sent it back for a refund and purchased an older single core atom slate with win7 that can be played with more better.