NEWS UPDATE: Toshiba M400 Tablet PC Officially Released (pics, specs)

Discussion in 'News Headlines' started by Aaron, Feb 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdsviet

sdsviet Pen Pal - Newbie

did u guys just hear about the yonah chips. seems that they are actually 64bit chips. so intel been holding out on it. i dont know why.

2. GMAN

GMAN Pen Pal - Newbie

I am about to purchase an M400 due to the fact I want a core duo tablet, and fast. I have a few questions for some of you familiar with buying them, as this will be my first purchase. Firstly, I am hesitant to buy any product without a review, yet I want the tablet soon, thus can I trust toshiba to deliver a product with no surprises? Also, Toshiba posts 5 hour, 7 minute battery life, how accurate do you think that is in terms of real world use? Does Toshiba accurately state their notebook battery life? (I would greatly appreciate feedback by M200 owners, is your tablet getting the 4.5hrs it is advertised? If so, at what performance/screen setting? If not, please give me figures for certain performance/screen settings that Toshiba failed to advertise. Also, they offer an expansion battery for an additional 75$, in slice form, to double battery life? Any thoughts/personal experiences? Would it be better to invest in a second standard battery to save weight when used as a tablet, as the slice would add .7 pounds to the unit's weight? Isn't the only advantage to a slice battery that it will charge simultaneously with the standard battery? Lastly, weight is advertised at a minimum of 4.5pds, what could possibly raise this? Discrete graphics cards are not offered, so could it be the larger HD's? The higher resolution screen? I'm sure ram does, but they weigh very little. Thanks for any replies.

3. Aaron

Aaron Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, I went ahead and ordered one. Went with the Core Duo 1.83 GHz, 1 GB of ram, 60 GB HD. Customer service said it should ship out in two weeks.

Going to be a looooong two weeks.

4. Aaron

Aaron Pen Pal - Newbie

My order was canceled today without any notification. No idea why, and customer service is closed until tomorrow. I had sent two e-mails previously asking about my order status (first one was a week ago), and both went unreplied.

After dealing with this lack of customer service I am seriously considering choosing a different tablet...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.