News submit button somewhere

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions and Site Help' started by brvdboss, Feb 2, 2009.

?

Is news submitted by the visitors valuable? And would like to have this option?

1. Yes, and I would actively use it!

100.0%
  2. Yes, but I probably would not use it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, the site maintainers know and post all the news already

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brvdboss

brvdboss Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi

As I was posting in the general tablet-forum-request thread I thought about another suggestion for the site.

The frontpage and news section are not very alive on this site. However, every now and then I do see something that might be interesting for other tabletpc users. Before I sometimes posted this myself in some relevant subforum but often (and more often lately) I don't always bother to do this.

However, if there were some kind of news-submit button/utility that would allow us to submit relevant news articles to the site, I would more often submit something. This would allow the people maintaining/managing this site to just verify the news, maybe adjust the descriptive text a little and post it on the front page.

Benefits:
    • all the users of the site probably find more news then the maintainers alone.
    • It's easier for the people managing the front page
    • As a site owner, you'll get a better feel of what the visitors are interested in as you get direct input.
    • The visitors of the site will feel more committed to the site if they feel/see that their input is appreciated

looks like a win-win situation to me

2. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Great idea, this would make this site more active again and would involve the users,
    because at the moment the front page looks nearly dead, no reviews, no news, nothing, only the forum is active, which does not even has an active admin at the moment :(

3. brvdboss

brvdboss Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks

I added a poll to this thread as well, similar to the general tablet forum thread. Let's see if we're the only interested ones or not :)

4. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

I would actually use this alot. I am constantly looking for new information, and the revival of news on this site would be GREAT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.