News - Finepoint Update, LG C1 at GITEX in November, Toshiba M400 'Best' Tablet PC

Discussion in 'News Headlines' started by daver, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Scott Bellefeuille

Scott Bellefeuille Pen Pal - Newbie

Finepoint Digitizer/Pen Software Update Available

[​IMG]

Tablet PC Review member Dextor has pointed out that there is an update for Finepoint digitizer hardware available on Microsoft Update. The update will hopefully improve the Finepoint digitizer/pen performance which has had issues in the past. The update is typed as 'optional' so if you're relying on automatic updates you might want to manually visit Microsoft Update and download the new software.

LG C1 Express Dual Tablet PC to be Star at GITEX

We've been teased with leaked photos and rough specs but now it looks like we'll finally be able to get some hands-on time with the sexy LG C1 Tablet PC (that is if our editors will see fit to foot the bill for a couple of plane tickets to the GITEX exhibition in United Arab Emirates). GITEX takes place from November 18th - 24th so look for the web to be inundated with photos and first impressions. Read more...

Computer Shopper Names Toshiba Protege M400 'Best Tablet PC' for 2006

[​IMG]

The computer review site/magazine Computer Shopper has rated the Toshiba Portege M400 the best Tablet PC in their The Best In Tech 2006 list. Computer shopper cites the Portege's diminutive size, swivel screen, hot-swappable drive bay, and EasyGuard security features as reasons for being a top buy. Read our review of the unit here and weigh in on whether you think the Portege M400 deserves the title of 'Best.'

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. daver

daver Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

i wouldn't quite say that the M400 is the best tablet of 2006, but it certainly is one of the best tablets of 2006.

as always, personal preference really determines what is the best tablet out there. but if i had to make a list of the best tablets, they would be
    - Asus R1F
    - Fujitsu T4210
    - HP TC4400
    - Toshiba M400
    And if I had to defend myself, I would say they are all all-in-one devices in that they are business class laptops/tablets and still fully functional for the average user. the only difference between any of them is brand name and the colour of the chasis.

3. Adamantite

Adamantite Pen Pal - Newbie

LOL, Daver. Are you leaving any 2006 tablets out of your list?
    And if I remember correctly, at least tc4400 doesn't have a CD drive, so I wouldn't call it an all-in-one device.

4. daver

daver Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

i'm not leaving out any tablets, since i think those are some of the better ones out there. of course there are other people who would disagree, but like i mentioned before, it's all personal preference.

as for the missing optical drive in the TC4400, i don't see it as an important feature in order to get work done. by "all-in-one", i meant for pure productivity, not including any multimedia or gaming. last time i checked, a 12-page report in psychology didn't require a DVD drive. nowadays, games, software and movies are all available for download online, so you wouldn't need an optical drive anyways.