News - Adobe Acrobat 3D with Tablet PC Support, Intel 45nm Processors, Quantum Computers

Discussion in 'News Headlines' started by Sassafras, Jan 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

New "Adobe Acrobat 3D" with Tablet PC Support Released

[​IMG]

The new Adobe Acrobat 3D has been finally been released. This software goes way beyond creating simple .PDF files. Acrobat 3D allows two key features that can greatly change the way certain industries do work. Tablet PC/CAD users will love the ability to export 3D CAD renders directly into a .PDF file. Secondly Acrobat 3D allows the user to create .PDF files withembedded interactive 3D content. This content can be fully viewed by Acrobat Reader 7,eliminating the need forspecial CAD viewing software toshare work with others. A downloadable 3D .PDF file and a 30 day tryout are available here.

Intel to Gear Up 45nm Processor Manufacturing by 2007 -- 5x Less Power Leakage

Intel is right now manufacturing its chips based on the 65nm fab and by 2007 they hope to move to an incredibly small 45nm that they promise will provide 5x less power leakage.

Full production of 45nm chips using 300mm wafers are scheduled to start in 2007 according to Intel representatives. Intel also states that 45nm processors will have power leakage levels five times lower than processors that are currently shipping. This move will further increase battery life on mobile platforms and plays right into Intel's newfound vigor for efficiency.

[​IMG]

45 Nanometer wafer being held by Intel engineer

More...

Quantum Computers to Antiquate Today's Technology

"Are you still using that old boat anchor with the Intel Core Duo chip?" That's what we will surely hear in years to come. By harnessingpulses of light and using it them to move data, "quantum computers" will make today's machines seemslow assnails!

[​IMG]

Current technology uses electrical currents to transfer "bits" ofdata from one place to another. Quantum computers will instead transfer "quantum bits" of data at the speed of light! "Its processing power exponentially grows at a much faster rate than a classical computer with bits. You don't have to get that many quantum bits in your computer before you have a very powerful device..."

Read More...

Barry

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. Sassafras

Sassafras Scribbler - Standard Member

I was just curious....when opening pdf files on the net or etc...when you don't plan to use the full version of Adobe Acrobat, will the new 3d version still open all files automatically or will it allow the reader 7.0 to open them. I've noticed on my older version of adobat Acrobat that it takes what seems like forever to load pdf documents. This is something I personally hate especially when I only want to view and not do any editing. Did I make any sense?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.