New Venue 8 Pro ??

Discussion in 'Dell' started by FZelle, Sep 11, 2015.

1. cbutters

cbutters Scribbler - Standard Member

Ran into another problem. The refurb 5855 I ordered off of ebay had nothing on the emmc when I got it... no windows no nothing... I was able to install a clean copy of windows, but it does not activate. I tried both Professional and Home options, and neither seem to activate. Dell's driver website says that the OS recovery image is currently unavailable? I contacted their tech support and they have no options for me.

Does anybody have any suggestions, or a copy of the dell recovery image? If I can't get this thing activated, I'm going to have to send it back to the ebay seller.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  2. hdfan23

hdfan23 Pen Pal - Newbie

Did you install the Redstone version of Windows 10? You'll need to install the version that came with the tablet and it should activate.

3. Kritter

Kritter Pen Pal - Newbie

Does it take a while for everyone's device to turn on after pressing the power button? It usually takes around 13 secs from pressing the power button to boot up the dell logo.

Also, the device does not stay in sleep mode when put into sleep after a while, instead, it seems to shut off but can resume from where I left off when turned on. Is there a way to stop the device from doing this and instead just sleep so it will turn on automatically rather than waiting for it to boot again?

4. jjsa1985

jjsa1985 Scribbler - Standard Member

There is a setting, I believe under battery and power or something like that, with a check box that says "save battery when the pc knows I'm away" or something like that. Make sure this is unchecked. Otherwise, your tablet will enter hibernation.

5. Kritter

Kritter Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks. I found the setting. Hopefully this fixes that but won't increase the battery drain too much.

6. hdfan23

hdfan23 Pen Pal - Newbie

Here is the official pen for the 5855 https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Active-...F8&qid=1488355188&sr=8-1&keywords=dell+stylus

Works great but I think there is a design flaw physically. The cap part of it with the clip seems to wear out after some time and just slips off. Its only supposed to screw off to replace the battery, but the cap is actually 2 pieces, the cap itself, and the part that screws into the writing part of the pen, and the cap will separate over time. this happened with 2 pens, its like some weak adhesive. Should have been just one piece that screws in.

7. horn

horn Pen Pal - Newbie

Almost two year and half, mine still works fine. Good for taking notes and surfing.