New Venue 8 Pro ??

Discussion in 'Dell' started by FZelle, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Kritter

Kritter Pen Pal - Newbie

I guess I'm not the only one trying to get over the lack of 8 inch devices and the sadness of the HPEN8. How's the battery on this dell unit? I've seen benchmarks at 5 hrs so I wanted to confirm this.

I really hope there will be new 8 inch wacom tech units released this year.

thierryb likes this.
  2. gregoryx

gregoryx Scribbler - Standard Member

Yeah, 5 hours or more is realistic with the DV8P2.

And to the previous question about keyboard / folio, I don't recall any posts or other evidence of one that suits the DV8P2 particularly well. And I keep looking...

Sent from my Nexus 6P

3. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yeah, I'd put the battery at 4-5hrs max too. Not great at all.
    Sorry, not interested in folios or keyboards for my tablets, especially those clamshell types. Want the full tablet experience and the simplicity of having one.

Sent from mTalk

4. nnthemperor

The inking experience on this thing is terrible. It skips after a few seconds of writing and in some cases stops inking and needs several retrial. I spoke too soon on this besting the HP8EN. Inking on the latter was perfect never for once had such a terrible experience. Can anyone confirm this problem on the V8P 5855 or is it because I 'm using the HP active pen? I doubt though. The problem happens no matter the program I'm using.

Sent from mTalk

5. gregoryx

Doesn't happen to me with the stock stylus. Only problem I've had is if it doesn't wake up. As good as the old Wacom stuff for writing - and better feel in some ways. Pretty close to perfect as stylus / ink goes.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

nnthemperor likes this.
  6. norvillerogers

norvillerogers Scribbler - Standard Member

I do not have this problem with the dell pen. I did have a problem with waking up when a battery ran low, so maybe try replacing it?

7. gregoryx

Agreed. New battery helps with wake up. But good quality writing all the time, right?

Sent from my Nexus 6P

8. Kritter

Kritter Pen Pal - Newbie

Maybe it's just with the HP pen? The other users have reported inking to be okay. I wonder how compatible the Bamboo Smart universal pen is on this. Anyone using it on their V8P?

9. nnthemperor

I really hope so. Never heard of this universal pen. Is it AES?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

10. Kritter

Kritter Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm so close to picking up this unit but I keep reading back and forth throughout this thread and the problems just make it unconvincing. Then again, I really want to have something with the same form factor as the HP8EN that inks just as perfectly (whether with dell's own pen or the bamboo smart). Inking with my SP4 is a totally different thing as much as I love the device. I was trying to use the HP8EN as a notepad along with the SP4 but it's just so slow even when trying to wake up the device.

With all the new updates from Dell, can you guys say that it is worth taking a shot on the V8P now? And do you guys feel it reliable per your usage?