New Venue 8 Pro ??

Discussion in 'Dell' started by FZelle, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Tracer11LB

Tracer11LB Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok you can add this to the list that does not work. I tried the Anker quick charge 3.0 6 ports 60W. Sadly that does not work.

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-6-Port...1476262&sr=8-2&keywords=anker+6+ports+charger

Also, on my SP3, I have a third party charger with quick charge 3.0 usb slot. its the DUMVOIN 72W with Quick Charge 3.0. That also, does not work. Although, when i plugin the usb quick charge, the led light in the 5855 lights up for like a second, then it turns off and does not charge.

https://www.amazon.com/Surface-Char...6303&sr=8-4&keywords=dumvoin+3.0+quick+charge

I ordered the one that you link. so hopefully I get that soon before my trip.

2. nerdybyrds

nerdybyrds Pen Pal - Newbie

3. chevypad

chevypad Pen Pal - Newbie

To anyone still interested in this product, Dell.com has removed all Venue-related product listings from their site.

4. MacrosTheBlack

MacrosTheBlack Pen Pal - Newbie

Can the 5855 doing any gaming or is it worse than the old Baytrail models? YouTube has a decent amount of videos with people playing Skyrim, Civ 5, etc on the old models. Curious if anyone has tried anything on the 5855.

5. gregoryx

gregoryx Scribbler - Standard Member

I don't game, but I've found it to perform better for everything than the old V8P did. Youtube for "Z8500 gaming" and there's plenty of stuff. And many of those are 2GB RAM, so...

6. MacrosTheBlack

MacrosTheBlack Pen Pal - Newbie

Have you had any throttling issues?

7. gregoryx

gregoryx Scribbler - Standard Member

Probably. But since I'm not pushing it, hard to say. I played with the overclock thing at one point but again... no gaming, so really not sure. Sorry.

8. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Bought a refurbished unit on eBay. Loving this thing. Definitely better than the HP8EN IMHO. I wonder why most people think it's a downgrade from the previous version or the HP. Oh, and the HP active pen for the HP8EN works perfectly on it. The Wacom pen driver from Wacom website allows for configuration of the pen buttons too. Battery is not giving great hopes though.

Sent from mTalk

9. Nemets

Nemets Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, CES 2017 is next week. Let's hope Dell has something new and exciting to announce!

10. nerdybyrds

nerdybyrds Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you for confirming that the HP pen works as well! I was curious about that since reports say that the same Wacom ES tech is installed on this generation of tablets. I'm a proud tech scavenger that waits a year or so before jumping on new devices and I also still think that this is the best 8" windows tablet with a pen digitizer especially since all of the issues have been resolved.

I have one more question, I saw a video some time ago that demonstrated different popular cases and bluetooth keyboards for this unit but I can't find it now. I believe there was a bluetooth keyboard that magnetically fits to the 5855 like a clam case... it may have been Dell brand. The only one I can find is for the older models. Is anyone familiar with this keyboard or is my imagination getting the best of me? Thanks!