New Venue 8 Pro ??

Discussion in 'Dell' started by FZelle, Sep 11, 2015.

1. inmnbob

inmnbob Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks I did get the new pen the other day and it is much better which caused me to pause and ask my question to the forum. I also have the Surface 3 but really love the 8" factor as a complimentary device. My number one featured needed is the pen. Is the new DVP8 Wacom better enough to justify the new purchase?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Rodney

Rodney Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks hdfan23 for your reply.
    Looks like I'm about to try the 5855 again, after my first one overheated and bsod'd constantly. Mine arrived on Jan 5th 2016 & got returned in a week.
    Has anyone tried this case?
    https://smile.amazon.com/Exact-Buck...oliid=I3I7TWOU823G8P&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl
    [​IMG]

I have this case design for 2 other tablets, and it's GREAT!
    It's $4.95 on Amazon. If it doesn't fit, they'll take it back.
    Anyone tried it?

3. Rodney

Rodney Pen Pal - Newbie

I've ordered the 5855, and I'd like advice on what to buy so that I can attach a USB 2.0 or 3.0 device and power the tablet at the same time.
    Suggestions please,
    thanks, Rodney

4. Mikerman

Mikerman Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Dell sells its power plus data dongle at its website. Third parties sell power plus data USB hubs that work with the Dell tablet (typically having 3 or 4 USB ports)--available at aliexpress.com, Amazon and likely eBay. (I had one of the latter which I liked, but it suffered a quality control issue, unfortunately.)

Rodney likes this.
  5. Mikerman

Also, Plugable sells a full external dock for the Dell tablet, with other connections as well--pricier, but it suits many's needs; available at Amazon.

Rodney likes this.
  6. hdfan23

hdfan23 Pen Pal - Newbie

I like the pen, not as good as the Surface 3 pen (newer version) but definitely no slouch. I'm not sure about using it for artsy type stuff but for notetaking, it feels good, responsive and accurate.

inmnbob likes this.
  7. Droidophobe

Droidophobe Scribbler - Standard Member

The Q&A on that page says it doesn't fit the 5855. The 5855's ports and buttons are in different locations than the first gen DV8P, so this case is likely for the latter.

Rodney likes this.
  8. tabletartist4d

tabletartist4d Scribbler - Standard Member

Awesome! Great to hear! I just ordered one, refurb for $260 and figured at that price why not. Then after coming here and realizing it doesnt actually have thunderbolt 3 and is plagued with problems I almost cancelled my order. Im also coming from a vivo note 8 which I was really happy with. I wanted something the same size with more ram, better screen, (Still needs wacom), and usb C. This ticks all the boxes. Im looking forward to getting it now and will let everyone know how I feel about it. Dell sounds like a god damn nightmare. Its funny I swore them off about 6 years ago when I had my xt2, then again a few months ago when I sold my venue 11 pro (mostly due to the synaptics). Heres their last chance. I mean it this time, haha.

9. Mikerman

Might I ask, where did you purchase from--the online Dell Outlet?

10. tabletartist4d

tabletartist4d Scribbler - Standard Member

No. I did see some great deals on the dell outlet.. I had to find the page thru google because searching with the actual dell page came up with no results. They had a scratch and dent model for about 350 and a "new" one for 390. But I took a chance and ordered from this company via Newegg. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...JcJBNANQeyPhFTQ8-YI2AaAqt08P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

I called first to verify its the correct model and emailed back and forth with the guy. Customer service was great so I decided to take the chance. Will let you guys know how it goes. If you go to their store they have it for as low as 230 which is a steal but those are sold out.