New Venue 8 Pro ??

Discussion in 'Dell' started by FZelle, Sep 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hdfan23

hdfan23 Pen Pal - Newbie

Well here is the status of my unit that is off for repairs, sent it last week: 2/25/2016 10:27:48 PM: Engineering Hold: Your unit requires additional diagnosis and testing before it can be returned. This may delay repair of your unit for up to three business days.

I'm hoping they clearly see the issue and make the proper repairs, and since it seems to be clearly a hardware defect, they should recall these and get these right. I'll post their findings to see exactly what the issue is regarding the non-responsive touchscreen.

2. swanlee

swanlee Scribbler - Standard Member

Just a quick update, not all is happy in HP 608 land got some issues that need to be w orked out

Wifi adapter goes into limited internet mode after sleep.

Adaptive brightness still seems to be doing things even though I turned it off

Their is a millisecond delay in registering touch commands when you touch the device after a pause.

I still really like the tablet but if I cannot get these issues fixed it is going back. All seems like software/driver problems

Seems between the two their is no Cherrytrail 8 inch tablet without issues.

3. Droidophobe

Droidophobe Scribbler - Standard Member

I never got a refund so I had to file a dispute with my credit card company, and they promptly refunded my money. Make sure you save all your documentation, dates of phone calls, UPS tracking no., etc.

twitfri likes this.
  4. Droidophobe

You might want to read through this thread before praising Dell and their tablet.

5. hdfan23

hdfan23 Pen Pal - Newbie

Well a good part of this forum is to discuss the issues people have had with it, most notably unresponsive touchscreen when laid flat and audio cutting out issues from external speakers, haha. Specs-wise it's great but execution-wise, so far can't be overlooked. I have mines in repair now for both issues. If these are repaired, from my experience it will indeed be a great tablet.

6. Tachnyrus

Tachnyrus Pen Pal - Newbie

Thunderbolt 3 is a lie

7. jare-hec

jare-hec Pen Pal - Newbie

sitongia likes this.
  8. downeaster59

downeaster59 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hmmm... an 8.9 inch tablet with the option of a real SSD (256GB at that)? I'm interested!

I see they are crowdfunding this project. I hope their efforts turn out better than this: http://www.meetearl.com

By the way - speaking of SSDs, does anyone know if the eMMC on this DV8 could be replaced with a true SSD?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    inmnbob likes this.
  9. JarkMackson

JarkMackson Pen Pal - Newbie

So I just got my new Venue 8 Pro 5855 today, I ordered another one (against my better judgement) and it looks like they got this one right. No Issues with the touch screen this time and it seems to be running fairly well in the 1st 3 hours. Any suggestions on what I should check for to make sure it's 100%?

10. Droidophobe

That is encouraging. I want to reorder as soon as Dell has their act together. Have you done all the updates? I'm not sure how/if they were implicated in the previous problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.