New Venue 8 Pro ??

Discussion in 'Dell' started by FZelle, Sep 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LTBonham

LTBonham Pen Pal - Newbie

That is really good to know. Thank you for posting that. I will have to check into it.

2. DevilGear

DevilGear Pen Pal - Newbie

So is there a final verdict on this thing? I've read the thread and it seems if you don't get a terrible one its ok?

I have an HP envy 8 note and have no major issues my main concern is the pen for the dell in comparison to the one that comes with the note. I put writing on the note equivalent or slightly better than my surface book. The notes pen is wacom but apparently diff from the specter x2 active pen.

I imagine the slightly faster processor and double ram/had would be worth the 100 or so more but seeing how well I've gotten this device running I imagine the dell would run even better, though possibly warmer.... and the battery is smaller on the dell, with the faster chip and more ram meaning being able to be more lax about how many things are running I could see it dying quicker.

I've gotten five plus hours of active constant use on my note today alot of reddit and edge use with 4-5 tabs plus a ton of driver updates and messing with settings resolution etc. No shut downs but about 5 restartsfrom updates no hibernate just sleep and connected standby using hyper v (upgraded it to pro).

My use is mainly one note outlook some reddit and some browsing, but its basically so I don't have to take my surface book everywhere lol.

3. jaredthegeek

jaredthegeek Pen Pal - Newbie

So I went to order the LTE model and its online in the Small Business section. Add it to my cart and am faced with the Dell Business Credit pay but not Dell Preferred. I emailed Dell support and was told

"Im sorry the business systems or tablets cannot be order under Dell Preferred Account as Dell Preferred Account only works on Home segment."

So if you have a Dell Preferred Account that you want to use then you can not buy it unless you use an alternate payment method.

4. jaredthegeek

jaredthegeek Pen Pal - Newbie

I asked them for more thorough specifications on the card and they gave me nothing. I want to use it on T-Mobile.

5. twitfri

twitfri Scribbler - Standard Member

I am waiting for it to be available elsewhere, like Microsoft Store or Amazon to take a plunge again.

6. kmbrite

kmbrite Pen Pal - Newbie

7. kmbrite

kmbrite Pen Pal - Newbie

I bought my original one at Costco and got a better deal. You have a 90 day return period I think. I am going to buy it when I can get it somewhere else, too.

8. Droidophobe

Droidophobe Scribbler - Standard Member

Speaking of returns, has anyone who's returned theirs to Dell actually received a refund yet? I've been waiting nearly 3 weeks.

9. Mikerman

Mikerman Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Too bad the new DV8P wasn't offered at The Microsoft Store last December as part of Microsoft's 12 Days of Giving (a wipeout this past year, sadly), as was the original DV8P 2 years ago, available then at a whoppingly low $99 for the first-comers.

10. twitfri

twitfri Scribbler - Standard Member

I havent received mine either. Its such a pain to call them though but I guess we have no choice. They just don't respond to emails.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.