New Venue 8 Pro ??

Discussion in 'Dell' started by FZelle, Sep 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kmbrite

kmbrite Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the old Venue Pro 8 with 8.1. I noticed today that Dell is offering the LTE 5855 version for Canada/US. This is one of the features I wanted besides the Wacom Pen. The Pen on my old Venue Pro is unuseable. I am wondering how well the WWAN Card that allows you to have other carriers besides ATT works. Anyone have experience?

2016-01-25_223557.png

2. gregoryx

gregoryx Scribbler - Standard Member

This link says 5VDC, 2A:
    http://www.dell.com/support/manuals...AB46C3-6565-4EC5-B29E-AAA374E22FED&lang=en-us

I charge it with the same adapters I use with my Nexus 6P. Doesn't charge very fast... but it works.

3. Tachnyrus

Tachnyrus Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks. Looks like the Dell and HP require the same input power. Hopefully the WD15 works with the HP as well.

4. Nemets

Nemets Pen Pal - Newbie

5. SolidSonicTH

SolidSonicTH Pen Pal - Newbie

So uh...are we getting on the bandwagon now?

6. LTBonham

LTBonham Pen Pal - Newbie

So my V8P2 came back today. I haven't done anything other than updates (running them now), so I can't really say if the experience has changed. The paper does say that they re-installed Windows, and that's it.

This is a good read though:

http://www.tomsitpro.com/articles/dell-type-c-thunderbolt-docking-stations,1-3094.html

I like how it describes the features of each doc. I think it confirms that the V8P2 does not have TB3 (like stated earlier in the thread by others) since the Dell website only links the V8P2 to the Non TB model.

Edit - so I can't quite get this link to work in Tapatalk, so I hope it works for you guys

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  7. LTBonham

LTBonham Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, I was hoping to have a working tablet again, but I still have audio issues. The repair didn't fix it.

Description of issue - with volume at a level <20 while playing a relatively quiet song, the audio will cut out intermittently.

8. Tachnyrus

Tachnyrus Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry to hear that LTBonham. Good luck with the next replacement. Took three tries for me to get a proper HP 608 myself.

9. jaredthegeek

jaredthegeek Pen Pal - Newbie

A friend of mine has a Surface 3 and is having the same audio issue. I believe it may be Windows 10 related to the newish chipset. Check for an update directly from the intel site and see if that corrects it.

LTBonham likes this.
  10. jaredthegeek

jaredthegeek Pen Pal - Newbie

I am going to pull the trigger. I hope they get a small portable style dock instead of the desktop ones. I want to be able to charge and use a USB device or like their current adapter but with power.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.