New Venue 8 Pro ??

Discussion in 'Dell' started by FZelle, Sep 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tachnyrus

Tachnyrus Pen Pal - Newbie

The only other non-Chinese option, the HP 608 is only marginally better.

2. Tachnyrus

That thunderbolt type-c is a hilarious lie by the way

3. Droidophobe

Droidophobe Scribbler - Standard Member

Meaning that the 608 doesn't have it?

4. Tachnyrus

Sorry, should have been clearer. Joe's Link for the Dell 5855 state that it has a thunderbolt usb type-c, which not even Dell's own website says anymore (they corrected the ports though I love the "volumne-button").

If it really does have thunderbolt, I might have to buy one... After he bugs are fixed of course

5. Droidophobe

I really want them to fix the bugs and make this successful so I can comfortably buy one as well.

6. Mikerman

Mikerman Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Silly me, but: how could Dell release a tablet so facially deficient/defective? How does it benefit the company? It seems to me, it only tarnishes Dell's image and drives potential customers to, gulp, Apple. Say what one wants about Apple, but its products, when released, seem to typically work, and well--imagine that (and, on the odd occasion when there has been an issue, Apple generally seems to turn to it immediately).

7. swanlee

swanlee Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm not sure their is any fixing here, I doubt battery life will be dramatically improved, cherrytrail just seems to be horrible compared to baytrail and other cherrytrail tablets seem to have similar driver/throttling/crashing issues

Seems the only decent cherrytrail tablet is the Surface 3 but that is a larger tablet.

jare-hec likes this.
  8. Droidophobe

I'm not ready to throw these tablets under the bus yet. I looked long and hard for consumer reviews on the internet, and so far all I can find are the ones in this forum. That's a total of less than a dozen reviews for the 5855 and 608 combined, and that's not enough data points to make any sweeping statements.

9. swanlee

swanlee Scribbler - Standard Member

Yea it's not enough data points but seems each one of them report problems. Given that their is a huge problem/failure rate among a very small sample size.

10. chevypad

chevypad Pen Pal - Newbie

Technically, it doesn't sound like most of these tablets' problems are permanent, but mostly software related and fixable. The question is, will it be fixed? Standby battery life, for example, is largely a Windows 10 problem and a common one at that. It's Microsoft's duty to repair. So I can't say I'd call them hopeless yet....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.