New USB-C Logos Coming Soon To A Store Near You

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Steve S, Sep 30, 2021.

1. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

2. crazycat

crazycat Scribbler - Standard Member

Worse yet, when I was looking for an usb 3.0 /3.1 cable, all I see are 60w 100w QC 3.0 advertisement in the front, and when look carefully in the description, it said USB 2.0 480mbps in fine print. To get a high speed DATA cable these day I need to import.

Another thing, Samsung ( and phone manufacturers in general) never specify the spec of the USB cable they included in the box. Even for my tab S7 FE with USB 3.1, I still get a generic white cable that I assume is 2.0.( do they still paint USB A end 3.0in blue these days)

3. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

@crazycat : I share your frustration. Months ago, I was also looking for a high-speed data cable; I ended up buying about five different brands... and that was without the complication of their charging capabilities...!

crazycat likes this.
  4. crazycat

crazycat Scribbler - Standard Member

Right, also the manufacturer always encourage you to 'only use stock cable' for safety and compatibility, but the Samsung stock cable, no matter how much I look only have one basic white variant, without both data speed and charging speed rating. There's just... no information at all.

My tab S7 FE has a 15W charger and they said that it's compatible with 45W fast charger, but I'm not even sure if the included stock cable is compatible with that charger. And if I use a third-party cable, could they use that as reason to not honor warranty if something come up?