New TX2500 Bios F.09

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by trihy, Nov 15, 2008.

1. kapblp

kapblp Scribbler - Standard Member

Yep. Has it for the 2525nr and say this:
    "Resolves an intermittent issue where the internal keyboard function is lost when powering up the system in Tablet mode."

I will be loading it soon and will share with you all how it worked.

2. moreins

moreins Pen Pal - Newbie

eventhough i havent had any keyboard problems at all, i upgraded the firmware last night.
    no problems so far with this this f0B version

3. Donald1

Donald1 Pen Pal - Newbie

I just downloaded and installed the new BIOS. No keyboard issues yet, seems to be solved ! At last......! :))

4. msintle

msintle Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anybody have the F.05 BIOS somewhere to download? The BIOS is not available on HP's site. I have noticed that ever since moving upwards from my F.08 BIOS, the CPU is underclocking itself by 50% - even at maximum throttle - when the notebook is unplugged. This aggressive under-clocking which is NOT preventable with the addition/removal of the AMD processor driver, dual core driver, or with any other software tool, and definitely no option in the BIOS, makes the tablet useless...both the .09 and .0B BIOS updates have the same problem.

5. Pyro9219

Pyro9219 Pen Pal - Newbie

Sounds to me like you should check into your Windows Power profile for a fix.

6. kapblp

kapblp Scribbler - Standard Member

One person's "unusable" is another person's "no problem." But I am not having this problem. So you may want to check to see if something else is going on. It may not be the BIOS causing this. As the other response says, check your power settings to see if you have it set that way for some reason. For me, it works nicely off external power.

7. moreins

moreins Pen Pal - Newbie

new version just released

Released: 2009-05-20
    Version: F.0C
    Enhancements: Adds support for Microsoft Windows Vista Operating Systems with Service Pack 2(SP2).

8. Bams

Bams Bunnie's Baby

Installed and seems to be running great. I recently had a barf up on my Vista install and low and behold, the recovery CDs don't work (imagine that). So I freaked out for awhile and then I installed Tablet PC Ed using one of the threads here. It was running sketchy for a bit and I think the Bios update helped me a little (or possibly wishful thinking).

Is it just me or does the 2500 seem to eat the battery much quicker with XP? Anyhow, no issues with the BIOS update. :)

Cheers