New TX2500 Bios F.09

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by trihy, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Art

Art Scribbler - Standard Member

Like I said in the F.08 thread, that's almost certainly an issue with the wireless card driver, not the BIOS. A BIOS issue with the card would probably mean it wouldn't recognise it at all.

2. Arik

Arik Pen Pal - Newbie

I am not saying a disagree with you at all, I just think there is a possibility...
    I used to hack the BIOS of one of my old computers (had dual Bios, so why not?)...
    There is much more to the BIOS then just recognizing and acknowledging hardware. It used to be the whole OS, and with the instant on computers/motherboards Asus is making, it just might be again...

I am still not saying I disagree with you at all. Chances are better a simple driver fix is all it needs, just wouldn't be surprised if it was more then that. Even if it was a BIOS 'issue' they could still fix it with a driver...
    Some virus holes or security flows are built right into the CPU. I believe BIOS upgrades, and many times OS patches can fix them. If not, life would really suck.

3. Yianaki

Yianaki Pen Pal - Newbie

Nobody else is having troubles starting tx in tablet mode and being unable to use the keyboard? It randomly did it after hibernating too. Downgraded to F05 (HP service said you couldn't, and to send it in for repairs) and everything normal. I have a launch 2.4 ghz nobody else have this trouble even after setting bios to defaults?

4. chihping

chihping Pen Pal - Newbie

I do not have any trouble with the keyboard. I'm not sure how I would use the keyboard while in tablet mode? Maybe I misread, but I'll be happy to test it out if you could explain :)

I also have a launch 2.4ghz board, I am also sending it in for repairs, but for another reason. Mine will only stay at 1.2ghz when unplugged, never goes back up to 2.4ghz no matter what power plan. The hp chat agents I talked to tried to get me to set it to the "power scheme 'Home/Office Desk'" which was a XP term and profile, and then said "Please be with me." and "I will explain you." .... :confused:

I just hope my machine won't come back all scratched up. :eek:

5. miner

miner Scribbler - Standard Member

I believe thats by design. Lots of laptops do this these days. My ZM-86 also doesn't go all the way up to 2.4GHz on battery no matter what power profile is used and its been the same since day 1. Unfortunately sending it in for service wont help I'm afraid; I would bet most likely they would return it back in the same state.

6. Yianaki

Yianaki Pen Pal - Newbie

If I have the computer in tablet mode when I cold boot there is a problem with bios F09. Then later after booting in tablet mode when I flip it around in normal laptop mode with keyboard exposed the keyboard won't function. I need to shutdown or hibernate and remove the battery. It is annoying. I usually have the laptop in tablet mode but need to do some quick typing and tada no keyboard. ****ing pisses me off.

I doesn't operate in 2.4 because of the power savings. You need to open up your power options -> more power options-> change plan settings ->change advanced power settings and then..... processor power management set battery min and max to 100%. Then prepare to hear the beautiful music of the fans and have your own personal lap space heater. Your nuts if you do this.

7. chihping

chihping Pen Pal - Newbie

Actually I do have this issue as well...however when this happens my cpu will clock up??...........I wish I got a lenovo

Yes Yianaki, I do have the min and max set to 100% on the power plan. No Good =\

Actually, mine does clock up every now and then with 32bit Vista, with 64bit Vista it would clock to 2.4ghz consistently, so this should not be by design, and I would be pretty upset if they cripple the laptop when unplugged without telling us. The reason I didn't stick w/ 64bit Vista? That is a whole other story :D

edit: actually it seems like when i switch from power saver to high performance when unplugged my cpu will be at 2.4ghz for a second or two till it clocks back to half speed...there is definitely something weird going on, not sure if I should send it in now. Maybe it is just some HP crapware that doesn't work in 64bit Vista?

8. miner

miner Scribbler - Standard Member

I am using 64bit Vista as well and I have seen that monmentary change to 2.4 but usually it tops out at 1.2GHz for all practical purposes. Running the cpu at 100% doesnt change this either. In any case personally at least for me its not a big deal considering I dont use need to use the fullpower when on battery but I guess for people who do this is a problem.

BTW, regarding the keyboard, no problems here either with the old F.08 or the F.09.

9. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member

Same here. No problems with either version.

Config:

ZM-80 2.1GHz
    4GB RAm
    Vista x64

10. Donald1

Donald1 Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, also I have problems with the keyboard issue. It seemed to be gone but it is still there. :(
    I do hope this will be fixed rather soon otherwise we have to hibernate only in laptop mode.......