New TX2500 Bios F.09

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by trihy, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Donald1

Donald1 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi

Nice that HP issued on such short notice a new BIOS ! :p :) :p
    That shows dedication for us, their customers !

Also during booting a F.08 version did the fan run 100% (I guess because it was quite noisy.
    However is the laptop with F.09 BIOS version running cool ? Something as the F.08 bios version ?
    Personally I think this is very important next to the other issues (keyboard etc) because a hot running laptop gets annoying when the fan is too noisy for too long.....Special for other people in the same room.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  2. Donald1

Donald1 Pen Pal - Newbie

hmm, I'm impatient and tried to download the bios update. Unfortunate clicking on the link displays an empty HP-pub page (ftp-format). So the link is there but the real file not.

Anobody else having this problem ?

3. tahoe916

tahoe916 Pen Pal - Newbie

I upgraded with this BIOS and now my mute buttons is orange all the time, WTF, why can't HP get their **** together.

Anyone have the F08 Bios saved, I thought I had it but I can't find it.

4. tahoe916

I figured out how to fix it. I downloaded the R2.03 version from Realtek and installed it then downloaded the R2.08 version and installed it and everything seems normal.

Seriously unimpressed with HP. Think I might be selling my stock soon haha.

5. chihping

chihping Pen Pal - Newbie

Works for me.

You're trying here right?

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. Donald1

Donald1 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the link.
    Strange, this morning (CET) the webpage showed version 05, 08 and 09 as downloadable links. However F.09 did not work.
    This evening F.09 is the only BIOS version displayed and works. I downloaded the bios and installed the new version. :)
    The boot-time of my laptop was faster then before. The fan-behavior is similar to F.08, thus ok (at last for me).:)
    I still have to check the keyboard issue.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. Donald1

Donald1 Pen Pal - Newbie

As mentioned in another thread on this forum you can just install the Realtek driver form the HP-downloadpages. The button will be ok. I corrected this after installing version F.08 and it was still ok after in stalling F.09. :)
    It's not so bad......

8. tahoe916

Don't get me wrong, I love the laptop. Just haven't been pleased with HP lately. I work in the IT field and have seen a boat load of HP hardware blow up recently. Might just be a coincidence, or I might need to sell my stock haha.

9. Donald1

Donald1 Pen Pal - Newbie

Selling stock these days is not so good, try to buy some (below the intrinsic value....) :D

PS
    As a consumer I'm rather pleased with the quality and responsiveness of the HP customer support over the last two years. Special if I compare them with other suppliers/manufacturers of PC's or related electronics.
    Also the quality itself is ok. Just my two cents ! :cool:

10. Arik

Arik Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone tried using band "a" with the new BIOS, and Sound? No where near my laptop and just wanting to know if anyone has tested it to see if you still get that popping sound with F.09 and band "a" enabled?