New TX2500 Bios F.09

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by trihy, Nov 15, 2008.

1. trihy

trihy Scribbler - Standard Member

2. miner

miner Scribbler - Standard Member

Dont notice any issues as of now having instaled it only half an hour ago. Ofcourse I didnt have any problems with F.08 either but anyways here's the list of enhancements and fixes included in this version of the bios.

ENHANCEMENTS:
    - Adds the Product Configuration ID (PCID) information to the main menu in the BIOS Setup Utility.

- Improves the security of pre-boot authentication (BIOS-based) passwords by clearing data from volatile memory.

- Improves the accuracy of battery information that is reported to some battery checking applications in the market.

FIXES:
    - Resolves an intermittent issue where some USB ports lose functionality.

3. trihy

trihy Scribbler - Standard Member

Did you check if battery now show time remaining? that would be good.

Anyway, they dont say anything about the keyboard problem, I think is too embarrasing...

4. miner

miner Scribbler - Standard Member

Nope it still displays the percent charge remaining. I guess that fix is only for more accurate reporting of the capacity of the battery.

5. bcdechert

bcdechert Pen Pal - Newbie

The info claims the only fix is intermittent failure of usb ports. I didn't have that problem but I did have the keyboard problem. Since installing F.09, I have not been able to reproduce the keyboard problem but have noticed that resume from standby, sleep is slower and from hibernate is rediculously long. Oh, and the screen does not automatically adjust the view.

6. Jor-dan

Jor-dan Tablet-Loving Student

haha... my tx2500 came with f.08 on it... and I'll tell you, it did NOT like having an external drive hooked to the USB port. If there is ever any sort of power loss, loose connection, or data problem, or any glitch whatsoever, it crashes and dies.

I could have the HDD sitting on my desk, unmoving, hooked in very securely, and the thing would STILL find a way to disconnect itself in the middle of the transfer.

I hope this solves the problem, I'm going to go download it right now!

7. Jor-dan

Jor-dan Tablet-Loving Student

that was by far the easiest reflash I've ever done....

I hope this fixes that USB issue! That's been my only hardware complaint so far!

but it was interesting, as soon as I started, until the time it rebooted and finished loading windows, it had the fan on full blast... that's the first time I had heard that thing at 100%! Holy crap! It's like a hot air dryer! Luckily I haven't found anything that makes this thing go all-out like that.

8. kapblp

kapblp Scribbler - Standard Member

I installed it and still have the keyboard issue.

UPDATE: I spoke too soon. I hadn't fully restarted in notebook mode. Works fine.

9. Yianaki

Yianaki Pen Pal - Newbie

Keyboard is ok so far with hibernation and standby in tablet mode. But Starting tablet from cold boot makes keyboard disappear no matter how many times you cold boot. Unless you remove the battery.

This is ridiculous. HP told me to wipe the PC! Morons. I set the bios to all defaults, and then removed the battery. Something is weird. I have a launch tx2500 and no problems until I upgraded the Bios. Stupid me.

10. chihping

chihping Pen Pal - Newbie

Resuming from standby so far seems normal, however the first boot took ridiculously long, have not rebooted again yet. I'm also not experiencing keyboard issue. Screen rotation when changing from laptop to tablet and other way around still works.

edit: after a few boots, my system still seems to take a longer than normal time to boot. Seems like it just sits there with harddrive idle for a while. Not sure if it is the bios update or not.

Is anyone else experiencing the cpu being forced to half speed when on battery power? It did not use to be like this, I think I got it from converting from x64 to 32bit vista or F.08, either way HP has not been helpful :confused: