New tx1000z owner. But did hp send me a used laptop?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by kotsos, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeskoy

jeskoy Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a tx1000z customizable that I am sending back because my spacebar doesn't work 50% of the time and my case squeaks right where my hand rests. I thought I might have gotten a used machine too because mine had really dirty fingerprints all over the screen and outer case out of the box.

I love everything else, but really feel like I got a not-well-refurbished notebook.

Does anyone know if HP has a history of re-shipping returned products? At this point I would rather wait for a new machine than get this one re-refurbished I think...

2. Benjamin Chin

Benjamin Chin Pen Pal - Newbie

Firstly, I acknowledge that there exist happy customers & supporters of HP from reading more positive feedbacks than negative ones in this forum and elsewhere.

Let's admit the fact that there are many instances of customer returns to HP and we cannot possibly expect HP to destroy them just because of a fault here and there. These returned products will be "re-cycled" and sold again.

So, from your above postings it is probable that you were issued with "used" notebooks. Sad to say.

rgds,
    Benjamin Chin
    20 Oct 07

3. kotsos

kotsos Pen Pal - Newbie

Well I do not really mind since the laptop is in top shape and I did not have a problem with the touchscreen like other people had. I guess what I am trying to say is that in the end I did not return it out of fear that a new one would have problems.

4. cpluse

cpluse Pen Pal - Newbie

Just to added. reading these post. I bought one as a gift. Open it up to check it. But didn't power on. It was custom too. Everything look clean. Clear rap,black cover for screen. But i opening the packaging and the install software box looked really used. Well i hope there saving tree's buy doing this. But I hope when xmas come there are no problems. It funny. I read so many negative post on here about this model that I got it anyway. But looking at it, and read other post. For who this gift is for it will be great. I just hope HP does not drop the ball and fix the problem other are having on this site. Now to look for a hand case for this laptop. O ya and to everyone on the site, thank for all the input. Help make this purchase a big lift off my shoulders.