New "Touchbook" From Acer Now Available for Pre-Order Discussion

Discussion in 'News Headlines' started by Grant Hatchimonji, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Grant Hatchimonji

Grant Hatchimonji Brighthand Editor Reviewer

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014
  2. HISI808

HISI808 Pen Pal - Newbie

Up to 3 hours battery life... so in reality you'll be getting around 1.5 - 2 hours. Cool concept, love the dual touch screens, but battery life is the deal breaker.

3. Ian426

Ian426 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hmm, those are some pretty solid specs, but you are right, the battery life is a huge bummer. It just really bugs me that with all these devices that tout their mobility and such are so seriously limited by their battery life.

4. norvillerogers

norvillerogers Scribbler - Standard Member

Well what do you expect... two 14" screens, a full voltage processor, windows 7, and no obvious place for a thick extra battery. They didn't even substitute a SSD or reduce the number of usb drives. Probably they're all powered usbs too.

But I guess with the kno gone, this is the best bet for this sort of form factor.

5. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thinking REALLY hard about whether to pick this up. At over 6 lbs mobility isn't what this device is about so the battery life to me isn't an issue, this guy is going to plugged in most of the time at that weight.

The thing that bothers me this most is that it doesn't have haptic feedback, that work very well with the W100. Just not sure if this wouldn't be a dust collector. Though I don't use the W100 a lot sometimes I just pick it up and take it places because it's so small and light, that wouldn't happen with the Iconia. Decisions, decisions. But it's just so unique like the W100 that'll be hard to resist. But I need to save my money for a new convertiable, hopefully a slick tm2 with Sandy Bridge and a much better discrete GPU option which the Iconia has neither. Bummer.