New: Toshiba Encore

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by excalibur1814, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nbk5nat

nbk5nat Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone figured out how to duplicate the display? Seems as though I can only extend the display instead of duplicating it on both hdmi and miracast.

2. noxxle

noxxle Scribbler - Standard Member

Are you downloading from the desktop view? Connected standby only works for modern/metro apps.

3. wmm

wmm Pen Pal - Newbie

I have no complaints with my wifi speed. Using speedtest.net, I'm getting around 21 Mbps download, vs around 14 Mbps on my other computer (Acer W700P). The upload and ping speeds are about the same, but also slightly in the Encore's favor. (I'm on Verizon FiOS, FWIW.)

4. spunker88

spunker88 Pen Pal - Newbie

Noticed that on mine a bit. I imagine the back cover is held on with snaps and there is a bit of play between the snap connector. I only notice it in one spot.

There is this simple exe I used to use on my laptop that would just turn off the lcd and not put the system to sleep. I tried it on this tablet and it put it to sleep like the power button does. It wakes from sleep quick but I too am looking for something to keep the system awake so I can play music with the screen off.

5. chinesecooler

chinesecooler Pen Pal - Newbie

The reason being there is no turn off screen in the power option but only sleep after x mins. Well there is one in advance power options but it's actually the same with "sleep". You change one you change the other. I also noticed that you cannot delete a customized power plan. Currently trying to reinstall windows 8.1 pro but touch screen doesn't work after booting to usb. Meh this sucks.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

6. electricbopeep

electricbopeep Pen Pal - Newbie

Got the tablet. First impressions: I'm pleasantly surprised by the design! It's quite attractive and I like the texture of the back, which makes somewhat easier to use one-handed. The display is pretty nice and spunker, you're right - text is pretty smooth and I don't notice any jaggedness in metro apps. I do, however, notice the capacitive grid, esp on websites like this with a white background. I haven't tried to hook up it up to a display yet. Although it is weightier and thicker than the venue pro and miix, since I've not held those and I'm pretty used to weighty devices (Nokia 920, Acer w500), my frame of reference is pretty lax.

7. roozbehid

roozbehid Pen Pal - Newbie

I've had this device for a week and I am still very pleased.
    I was having problem connecting my phone to it via bluetooth due to lack of support of some profiles.
    I found out you can upgrade to newer broadcam drivers versioned 12.0.0.8030 which I found from iogear.com website. which made connection super easy and working for me.

Hope it helps you guys.

Also toshiba application notifies me of nerwer version of intel platform installer, anybody managed to install that or any newer versions maybe from dell venue or miix drivers?

thanks,
    roozbeh

8. mamble

mamble Pen Pal - Newbie

Do not worry. This is the case with similar tablets (dell venue, lenovo, ..).
    You will need a usb hub and a net connection.
    Put a mouse and keyboard on the usb hub. Go through the re-install.
    Once you have windows running in some form, it will either find the touch screen or it will get the device driver over the net.
    You only need the keyboard and mouse for the early parts of the windows install when it asks you about license keys, time zones and other details at the start.

What version of windows are you installing ? Retail ? OEM ? 8.1 pro ?
    Do you have a license key ready ?

9. chinesecooler

chinesecooler Pen Pal - Newbie

Windows 8.1 x86 pro, yeah I got a retail key

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

10. mamble

mamble Pen Pal - Newbie

Once you have 8.1 pro on the device, it would be terrific if you could report back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.