New: Toshiba Encore

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by excalibur1814, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PECgem

PECgem Scribbler - Standard Member

2. fantomv50

fantomv50 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have had my tablet a few days and the Grid is doing my head in.

The only reason I feel its that bad is Windows needs to be better at finding your finger as its not like iOS or Android.

But does show the most on white, but I can see it most times too. On lighter colours

The wifi is a Joke my speed I'm lucky if I see 10mbps, but my 1st Gen nexus 7 gets around 20mbps.

I have a old Nintendo Wii Play on Lan that's got Ethernet built in and I get my full speed on that. just plug it in to the OTG, I got the wii lan from toys r us for £2.99

It still took 7 hours to download 15gb (GTA IV) and I was not using the tablet to do anything else. That was via steam app.
    I'm on a 40mbps Sky Fibre runs around 38mbps all day long

But it does play Minecraft and Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box, GTA 3 and GTA San Andreas, Limbo, all a Decent frame rates.

Rant over LOL

3. Dave_

Dave_ Pen Pal - Newbie

I see no difference between the Encore, an old Nexus 7, a new Nexus 7, an HTC one, iPad or laptop with regard to WiFi speed on my network.

I have a Virgin cable 20mbps connection and all run at 17-18mbps.

The Encore:
    Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results

4. Dave_

Dave_ Pen Pal - Newbie

I would suggest it's more of a compatibility issue between the 2 (or a problem with keyboard and mouse) as I use a cheap portable 2.4Ghz Bluetooth keyboard/touchpad with the Encore while connected to wifi and it is smooth in use and has never missed a keystroke. It comes up as "iPasssport keyboard" when pairing (IIRC).

Looks like this:
    [​IMG]

5. Boonen

Boonen Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi!

This device is compatible with OTG? I try to connect with OTG cabel with Nokia Lumia 920 but only charge zhe battery.

6. Dinger

Dinger Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi

Can anyone help with this?
    When connecting to a projector using the HDMI lead is it possible to lock the screen of the tablet in landscape mode?
    trying to project a powerpoint display but the tablet screen is always portrait which makes it difficult to accurately hit any action buttons etc within the powerpoint display.

Any ideas anyone?

7. spunker88

spunker88 Pen Pal - Newbie

There is an option to disable automatic rotation under Screen Resolution, right click (long tap) on desktop. Then you can force it to stay in landscape.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

8. dadash

dadash Pen Pal - Newbie

Im trying to recover from a windows image backup I made last week before erasing my tablet....

BUT, it wont do it!

It asks that I format the whole emc HDD before I can recover from image. Then of course all the partitions have with wiped and have to boot from a memory stick I luckily had ready with recovery on it.
    So afterward the complete earase and boot from usb stick, I pull out the stick and stick in the HDD, it finds the windowsimage backup on its own but when I press continue it stops in the first 2 seconds and says it cant continue.

Anybody shed some light on his problem. There's no way I'm spending a week trying to install everything again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.