New: Toshiba Encore

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by excalibur1814, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juacarg

Juacarg Pen Pal - Newbie

I do not delete the memory for backup but it says missing some files.
    I lost it somehow?

2. Starmanager

Starmanager Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi to all the Users

I got a new Encore 64GB apart and figure out they use 2 Wifi Antennas, one is like a Sticker PCB in the middle of the top and one is a pcb at the left side. There is also a GPS Antenna at the right upper corner. But the receive Quality is poor. The send Quality is much better. It looks like they have bad drivers included.

Greetings from old Germany :)

Starmanager

3. PrznMovieFan

PrznMovieFan Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello, I was interested in the Encore due to the presence of an HDMI, but I was wondering if anyone here who owns one has tried to stream a HD/HDX movie from VUDU or another digital streaming service that requires HDCP (the requirements of which include a HD screen, Intel processor and HDMI port). I would really appreciate if anyone could speak to this as it would be the sole reason I'd go for this instead of a Venue 8

4. PECgem

PECgem Scribbler - Standard Member

the Acer Iconia W4 also has micro HDMI too.

5. mazik

mazik Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi

I have just setup my encore.

I have two issues.

1: watching movies via hdmi doesn't seem to work. My media player is VLC, playing movie files on the encore itself works just fine. However when the tablet is connected to my TV via my Yamaha avr receiver the movie starts but hangs , with the audio looping.

Have anyone else experienced the same thing? Could it be the cable its, however the desktop etc is extended correctly.

2: After the latest windows update my WiFi adaptor stopped functioning. I had to roll-back the update.

If anyone have an input to above issues I would really appreciate it.If not the unit is going back :/

/Maz

6. KSABoy

KSABoy Pen Pal - Newbie

Can confirm that I
    - Have somehow managed to update GPU driver to the last one using Venue 8 driver, but still same issue with HDMI so far
    - Installed and fully working Garmin Mobile PC, I have manage to do this after I updated GPS (GNSS) driver with Acer W4 one...
    - Still nothing with USB charging / OTG here...

7. KSABoy

KSABoy Pen Pal - Newbie

Really dont know why they dont allow me to post anything i have posted more then four times and still nithing, really they make you not to help and not to be helped

8. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I have one on the way for a possible Tuesday delivery... Will update once it arrives. Grabbed one for £190

9. AlwaysDriving

AlwaysDriving Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm very much considering one of these for my daughter to set some of her schoolwork up on.

However, I haven't been able to find anything out about using a stylus with it - has anyone tried it in OneNote?

I was looking at the Venue, but its digitizer seemed to get not so great reviews....

I need her to be able to annotate onscreen in OneNote, because if I can't do that easily I might as well jump to an 11.6" laptop and use a Wacom.

I think.

I'm a Mac, this isn't easy for me to post/consider! LOL!! But, it serves the portable needs she has, and I can expand if needed.

Thanks!!

10. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'd probably wait for the Asus Note 8 as that has Wacom. The Encore has arrived and although it's nice it's nothing amazing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.