New: Toshiba Encore

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by excalibur1814, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrcaptain

mrcaptain Pen Pal - Newbie

My capacity is showing as 18,925mWh.
    My main issue is that I can't charge it with another micro usb charger. Used a standard mobile phone micro usb charger, and it says it's charging, but it isn't. Really annoying, as the supplied cable length is too short to use in my bed.

2. chinesecooler

chinesecooler Pen Pal - Newbie

You can get a longer cable but you should use the original power adapter coz it's a 5v 2a output. Phone charger would do it much slower as it's normally 1a.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

mrcaptain likes this.
  3. johntw

johntw Pen Pal - Newbie

I got the Case Logic SureFit 7-8" case from Target. It fits like a glove and no ports or buttons are blocked.

IMG_20131213_220533.jpg

hp2 likes this.
  4. Erwindeg

Erwindeg Pen Pal - Newbie

Received mine yesterday. Do you experience screen flicker at lower brightness?

5. noxxle

noxxle Scribbler - Standard Member

An update on my potentially defective battery. After re-calibrating, full charge is 19,576 mWh, which is slightly over the designed capacity of 19,500 mWh. Might be an inaccurate read. Regardless, much happier with this than the 12,500 mWh that I had.

Strangely, "powercfg /batteryreport" shows 8 power cycles. Not sure why. It showed 4 before I started re-calibrating. Then 1 cycle when I began recharging, all the way up to at least 90%. Somewhere near 100%, it accumulated 7 more cycles?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  6. johntw

johntw Pen Pal - Newbie

No. But the auto brightness is super aggressive on the Encore 8. I did disable it this morning. However, even with it on, I wouldn't say I witnessed flickering.

7. spunker88

spunker88 Pen Pal - Newbie

Any decent microUSB cable should work with the charger if you want to get a longer cable. I have successfully used my old HP Touchpad charger with it since its a 5V 2A charger which is what the Encore needs.

Turn off the auto brightness, I posted instructions over in the owners lounge thread. I was getting flicker until I did that.

8. sharkasport

sharkasport Pen Pal - Newbie

So I can confirm:

- Miracast Mirroring (Duplicate) works on Encore when they are out of the box with no Windows Updates being installed.

- The moment that the Windows Updates are downloaded and installed the Miracast Mirroring (Duplicate) stops working and only enables you to EXTEND your desktop. Which as said previously is pointless on a tablet as there is no way to control it.

- The Same issue applys with HDMI where you can no longer DUPLICATE, only EXTEND.

Does anyone know a fix for this? It seems kinda pointless offering HDMI and Miracast when it doesn't actually work properly.

9. ashermartin4

ashermartin4 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all

Has anyone been having problems with the rear camera? Mine regularly doesn't work and I'm faced with a black screen. To fix this I have to shut down several times. The video function works which is strange just not the camera for static shots.

I'm hoping its a driver issue and a fix is on the way but I'm not getting any response from Toshiba.

10. Erwindeg

Erwindeg Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, I have exactly the same issue and read this about other windows 8 tablets too. Hopefully it will be fixed in an update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.