New Tool To Undervolt Puma

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by there148, Jun 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. there148

there148 Pen Pal - Newbie

hi everyone

like every tx2500 owners, i cant stand the heat on this unit. have tried every program to undervolt but so far only one has worked, that is pumactlr. but that software has too many problems, restrictions and limits.

so here is a new program that not only undervolts, but also allow you to set whatever frequency you want. ie if you want to contantly run at 1600mhz instead of the maximum you can. there is also profiles so you can switch on the fly, similar to rmclock. it even has northbridge voltage control so you can undervolt the graphics too.

here it is. k10stat. http://www.geocities.com/k10stat/K10STAT091.zip

ive been testing it all day and it does exactly what rmclock. to make it work you can follow my instructions or experiment on your own.

1. go into vista/win7 power profile and set both max/min processor load to 0 %.

2. start k10stat and choose profile 1, name it 800mhz then set all pstate to one speed and one voltage(make them all the same).

3. start k10stat and choose profile 2, name it 1600mhz then set all pstate to one speed and one voltage(make them all the same).

4. make as many custom speed as you want.

5. now rightclick on the tray icon and check enable clock control, then set to ganged(based on average load).

thats it.

ive attach some screenshots to show how it works. ive been benching many programs and can confirm the speed are taking effect.

now we can all use our puma cpus to its real potential and not worry about temperature. have fun

Attached Files:

2. whazzup

whazzup Scribbler - Standard Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. whazzup

another qn: so can this bypass the problem of cpu limited to half of max speed when using batteries, on the tx2500/tx2 notebooks? Like trying to run at 2ghz when on batteries?

4. gekk_gad

gekk_gad Pen Pal - Newbie

if you change the p1 state to be the same setting as the p0 state, then you can go fullspeed when running on batteries. however i did have a kernel freeze or something (the num lock and caps lock blinking type of hang) when i did that after about 5 secs. but i do confirm that it did run at 2ghz for 5 secs on batteries before said hang (lol)

5. whazzup

woah....serious?? so changing it to full spd crashes the system?? :eek:

6. gekk_gad

well i think i'm going to try that again and see if i could run at fullspeed, maybe it was some fluke idk lol

update:
    gah, it was a failure again

first retry gave me a bsod (p1 and p0 became the same but p2 was the same 500mhz generic settings, maybe the voltage jump was too high?)
    second retry stayed at 1000mhz (because i set p2 as the same setting as the original p0 and copied p0 to p1 and p0 was the same)

in any case, i don't think i'd be running this tablet at 2ghz especially on battery anyway. heck right now i made 3 stable profiles low, high and ultra. low running on 0 fid on each pstate, high running 6 on each fid on pstate and ultra running on 12 fid on each state

i use low as default

temps at full-load, full-speed for each profile

low @800mhz full-load 60C (ambient temp 23C)
    high @1400mhz full-speed 65C (ambient temp 22C)
    ultra @2000mhz full-speed 88-90C (ambient temp 23C)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. whazzup

oh well....btw, can it be made to overclock? by changing FID to higher than 12? darn i wish i've my tablet with me now....

8. gekk_gad

i think you could overclock it, i tried that method and it does work though i tried it on the p1 and p2 states, not the highest p0 state, but i'm not to suffer the extreme heat that these processors are already producing so i wouldnt even increase it.

9. Draconis_Torvus

Draconis_Torvus Pen Pal - Newbie

Wow. Great utility. Many possible voltage/clock variations. I was able to downclock my ZM-80 all the way to 50 MHz by using DID 4. Not sure how much it would effect battery performance by using it as an idle state, but still pretty neat. Nice find.

10. de Souza

de Souza Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't think you could do anything with 50MHz anyway. :)

I'm not convinced this works. I downclocked my ZM-80 a bit too and didn't notice any effects. A friend of mine boosted his QL-64 from the stock 2GHz all the way to 3.2GHz, without changing voltages and without any noticeable effects on speed and heat. How's that even possible...